Why do Market products demo backtesting freeze MT4 ?

Hello dear MQL members,

I have downloaded 3 MT4 demo indicators from the market using MT4. When I try to backtest them in the strategy tester, MT4 freezes. My computer has high spec...

Can someone enlighten us into why this is happening and if there is a solution to this issue ?

an indicator cannot be backtested, its just an indicator, it does not have strategy for entry 

what you should backtest is called an expert advisor EA.

Pak Hong Poon #:

an indicator cannot be backtested, its just an indicator, it does not have strategy for entry 

what you should backtest is called an expert advisor EA.

This is not accurate, an indicator can be tested on Visual Mode for a desired time period.

Daniel Mou:

Hello dear MQL members,

I have downloaded 3 MT4 demo indicators from the market using MT4. When I try to backtest them in the strategy tester, MT4 freezes. My computer has high spec...

Can someone enlighten us into why this is happening and if there is a solution to this issue ?

Are you sure it freezes?

Try to move the MT4 Visual Mode (Strategy Tester Visualization in MT5) speed to the right (faster speed).

Daniel Mou #:

Maybe I used the wrong term calling it backtest. You can certainly use an indicator in the strategy tester and test it in any period.

Maybe I used the wrong term calling it backtest. You can certainly use an indicator in the strategy tester and test it in any period.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Are you sure it freezes?

Try to move the MT4 Visual Mode (Strategy Tester Visualization in MT5) speed to the right (faster speed).

Yes it does freeze MT4. I did wait several minutes but MT4 is unresponsive. I tried using other indicators from the market but the issue is still the same.

I paused the speed of the strategy tester in case that was the issue but the moment I click Start, MT4 freezes.

Daniel Mou #:

Yes it does freeze MT4. I did wait several minutes but MT4 is unresponsive. I tried using other indicators from the market but the issue is still the same.

I paused the speed of the strategy tester in case that was the issue but the moment I click Start, MT4 freezes.

Are you logged into your MQL5 account with your danielbramo username and NOT your email or any other?

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Are you logged into your MQL5 account with your danielbramo username and NOT your email or any other?

I am logged into MT4 and can download the indicators directly from the terminal market tab.

The problem is fixed now. It's about the multi pairs input in the indicator. When I limit the pairs to use to 1 or 2 pairs the indicator works fine. But by default it's using all the pairs and even when it works the indicator doesn't get the right data of the other pairs. MT4 is limited in this regard. Thank you for your answers.

Reason: