Can a broker provide a fake/fictitious MT4 quote

I am invested in a scheme whereby a company offers algo trading and any profits are shared between myself and the company. From Jan 2021 to now they have never made a loss. I am half convinced this is a ponzi scheme. In addition I noticed that their broker is in a country where financial oversight is slight.

Once I put some money in, I was given an MT4 login.

I decided to crosscheck their trades. On 9/9/21 11:15 (GMT0) they bought XAUUSD at 1793.7400. I crosschecked this with Oanda, same date, time, and tz the ask price for XAUUSD in oanda is 1796.9986. That’s a 325 pip difference.

I did the same for other trades and for almost every single XAUUSD trade the price difference between this broker and oanda is 300-500 pips.

This doesn’t make sense, thus my question. Can an entity provide a fake price quote on the MT4 platform?

• The quotes are different for every broker (sometimes - very different, sometimes just slightly different by high/low of the bar).
    Because forex market is not unified. Thus, the quotes must be different.
  • You buy on Ask price, and sell on Bid price. But the charts show Bid prices only.
    That is why it is different from what you are checking.

The discussion about the brokers (and the brokers' services) is prohibited on the forum.

Reason: