MT5 doesn't open

Hi,

Today I started MT5 and it asked for a restart to update. When I restarted MT5, nothing showed up.

Now when I try to open it, it appears in the task manager for a second then dissappear, but nothing on the screen.

I did a uninstall, reboot, reinstall, but the problem is still here.

Nothing unusual happenned before this, no freeze.

Also MetaEditor does not open.

Windows 10 Family

version 21H1

build 19043.1165

I second this.

The MQL Editor still works fine, but MT5 (as stated above) opens and then closes within seconds.

Editie Windows 10 Pro

Versie 21H1

Installatiedatum 5-‎2-‎2021

Build van besturingssysteem 19043.1165

Ervaring Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

I have same problem. I can't even see Metaeditor/terminal.exe in task manager.

Same sht...
Tried to uninstall , reinstall Nothing...

Win 10 Pro
Up to date

Issue (among others) is in the Comment() function

If any indicator, EA or a script uses comment on an active chart, it shall crash the terminal. If you can, remove the stuff using that (but that can be f... tricky since you do not have a time to remove indicators or EAs from the chart - the terminal will crash before you can do that). If you can code, use metaeditor and remove (or comment out in the code) any part using Comment() function. Other way would be to delete the stuff using Comment() (from their folders) that is attached to your chart you were using before the update, but not going to talk about that - that is ...

Mladen Rakic #:

If any indicator, EA or a script uses comment on an active chart, it shall crash the terminal. If you can, remove the stuff using that (but that can be f... tricky since you do not have a time to remove indicators or EAs from the chart - the terminal will crash before you can do that). If you can code, use metaeditor and remove (or comment out in the code) any part using Comment() function. Other way would be to delete the stuff using Comment() (from their folders) that is attached to your chart you were using before the update, but not going to talk about that - that is ...

I can code but the MetaEditor has the exact same behaviour and cannot be opened.

Also I did a complete reinstall of MT5, deleting my user files.

I'm not sure what to do next.

Mladen Rakic #:

Same here ... the editor also crash on start ( After the Live update Popped up )

I face a similar problem after updating to the latest version. My Metatrader crashes randomly after single backtesting sessions without any message or error.

Onno Rijkers #:

I second this.

The MQL Editor still works fine, but MT5 (as stated above) opens and then closes within seconds.

Editie Windows 10 Pro

Versie 21H1

Installatiedatum 5-‎2-‎2021

Build van besturingssysteem 19043.1165

Ervaring Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Adviced by others I removed the 'Comment(...)' statement from my indicator/ea and now the terminal runs correctly.

Hy Fellow Developers!

Just Re Downloaded the installer From MT5 and install it again ...
now its work just click on DO NOT ALLOW to modify on windows Popup on startup ( Win 10 ).

Good Codeing / Tradeing and lots of pips to All ;)

Hi guys!

For me if I delete the *.dat files in the  \AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\***\bases\Default\Symbols\ folder it works again without reinstall. 

Previously I clicked to show all symbols in the market watch, maybe it was too much for the MT5 (build 3041).

I hope it will help...

Reason: