Import real time data FROM Excel TO Metatrader. Is it possible?

Hi everyone! I work as a trader in a firm where we deal with rather unpopular products (futures calendar spreads). 

I have Level III data but the charting capabilities of my trading terminal are rather poor...

It has few indicators and there is no possibility to create custom indicators. So, I am looking for a way to transfer OHLC and Volume data to the good old Metatrader.

The only way to get real time data from my terminal is to import it into Excel using Excel RTD.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me if there is any way to import data from Excel into Metatrader. I only know ways to do no real time data imoport or Metatrader to Excel import.

Many thanks,

Oleg

Sablenkov: Hi everyone! I work as a trader in a firm where we deal with rather unpopular products (futures calendar spreads). I have Level III data but the charting capabilities of my trading terminal are rather poor...

It has few indicators and there is no possibility to create custom indicators. So, I am looking for a way to transfer OHLC and Volume data to the good old Metatrader. The only way to get real time data from my terminal is to import it into Excel using Excel RTD. I would be grateful if someone could tell me if there is any way to import data from Excel into Metatrader. I only know ways to do no real time data imoport or Metatrader to Excel import.

Yes, it is possible to import such data originating from a RealTimeData Server. Since a RTD server is basically an ActiveX COM server, it may be possible to read it directly via MetaTrader's DLL interface not requiring the Excel component at all. It all depends on the exact conditions of you situation.

EDIT: Given that your location in your profile is Russia, I am sure if you post this in the Russian section you will be able to discuss this in your own language and find capable developers speaking in your own native tongue, and maybe even familiar with the old terminal system you are using.

Форум трейдеров - MQL5.community
Форум трейдеров - MQL5.community
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: форум по трейдингу, автоматическим торговым системам и тестированию торговых стратегий

Sablenkov:

Hi everyone! I work as a trader in a firm where we deal with rather unpopular products (futures calendar spreads). 

I have Level III data but the charting capabilities of my trading terminal are rather poor...

It has few indicators and there is no possibility to create custom indicators. So, I am looking for a way to transfer OHLC and Volume data to the good old Metatrader.

The only way to get real time data from my terminal is to import it into Excel using Excel RTD.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me if there is any way to import data from Excel into Metatrader. I only know ways to do no real time data imoport or Metatrader to Excel import.

Many thanks,

Oleg

Did you manage to do what you are looking for? I'm also trying, but so far without success.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, it is possible to import such data originating from a RealTimeData Server. Since a RTD server is basically an ActiveX COM server, it may be possible to read it directly via MetaTrader's DLL interface not requiring the Excel component at all. It all depends on the exact conditions of you situation.

EDIT: Given that your location in your profile is Russia, I am sure if you post this in the Russian section you will be able to discuss this in your own language and find capable developers speaking in your own native tongue, and maybe even familiar with the old terminal system you are using.

I have a licensed JMA (Jurik)  DLL on my VPS. I use it to generate JMA's that I feed into Excel that use MA's. I trade (and back test) on the Unity Model by Tradinformed (Mark Ursel)...Excel connected to MT5 via an EXE...its great.

Question please. I want to pull JMA data for a few time frames e.g. Close into MT5 and use it as midpoint for Bollinger's, RSA and Stochastics, as well as display it as MA's for 8, 12, 21, 50, 200 periods. Latency from Excel to MT5 should be ok on 5, 10 min time frames. 

How doable is this and is there anyone who feels justifiably confident they can help me?

Terry

Reason: