Bad handle returned from iCustom

The following code creates 2 custom indicators using iCustom. Each call passes different parameters and yet the same handle is returned for both calls. Obviously I should have got 2 different handles.

The code prints the different parameter with the returned handle.

int OnStart()
  {
    string units, strUnit[2];
    units = "aaa;bbb";

strUnit[0] = StringSubstr(units, 0, 3);
    strUnit[1] = StringSubstr(units, 4, 6);

string unit;
    for (int i=0; i<2; i++)
    {
        unit = strUnit[i];
        int m_handle1=iCustom(NULL,0,"iTest",unit);
        Print(unit, " ", m_handle1);
    }

return(0);
  }

Is this an expected behaviour? How can I force MT to create two different indicators (with two different handle) for different parameters (that are supplied in this format)?

Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • Андрей
  • www.mql5.com
I will not list all of the new possibilities and features of the new terminal and language. They are numerous, and some novelties are worth the discussion in a separate article. Also there is no code here, written with object-oriented programming, it is a too serous topic to be simply mentioned in a context as additional advantages for developers. In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure, drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners and experienced developers, maybe some of them will find something new.

dojistarr:

The following code creates 2 custom indicators using iCustom. Each call passes different parameters and yet the same handle is returned for both calls. Obviously I should have got 2 different handles.

The code prints the different parameter with the returned handle.

Is this an expected behaviour? How can I force MT to create two different indicators (with two different handle) for different parameters (that are supplied in this format)?

Thank You, we'll check it asap

stringo:
Thank You, we'll check it asap

Here is a more correct snippet

int OnStart()
  {
    string units, strUnit[2];
    units = "aaa;bbb";

//    this produces expected results
//    strUnit[0] = "aaa";
//    strUnit[1] = "bbb";

// this doesn't