Multiple EA on one MT4 account, or One EA per MT4 account?

Hi All,

I have been hearing different opinions on this.

Can someone advise me:

Is it better to run multiple EAs per MT4 account (opened at separate charts), or one EA per MT4 account? I am using VPS btw.

Thanks.

it depends a lot on what strategy and what EAs you are using..

1. Multiple EAs can conflict with each other when put on the same symbol. What happens when one want's to buy and another sells?
  2. If the EA trades multiple symbols, only put it on one chart. Otherwise, you put it on whatever symbols you want it to trade.
  3. VPS is irrelevant.

If your VPS is good it is better to run 4 pairs to spread the risk , otherwise you have all your eggs in one basket. Each pair must be on its own chart. An EA that does many pairs from one chart will miss opportunities as it can only run one thread at a time, if your VPS does not have enough resources for multiple charts do not run multiple pairs it will miss opportunities unless it very rarely trades. A good EA will have magicnum if you want to run different settings on the same pair open one chart for each strategy and give it a different magic number for each instance and you can also change the comments on a good EA so you know from the comments what EA made the trade. Hope that helps :-)
Reason: