my source code is disappeared from my pc :(

Hello,

my source code is disappeared from my pc !

I can't believe this could happen

It happened before and I said it was a coincidence that will not be repeated

Now open the source code file, which is completely empty

If anyone has an idea to retrieve the source code because I worked a lot on this source code :(

thanks,

el3reef: my source code is disappeared from my pc ! I can't believe this could happen.It happened before and I said it was a coincidence that will not be repeated. Now open the source code file, which is completely empty. If anyone has an idea to retrieve the source code because I worked a lot on this source code :(

Look in the Recycle Bin! Try to figure out why your files disappeared.

Backups! Cloud syncing! Windows File History! MQL5 Cloud Storage! All those are methods of keeping your work safe!

If you don't do any, you risk losing your work due to unforeseen circumstances.

el3reef:

Hello,

my source code is disappeared from my pc !

I can't believe this could happen

It happened before and I said it was a coincidence that will not be repeated

Now open the source code file, which is completely empty

If anyone has an idea to retrieve the source code because I worked a lot on this source code :(

thanks,

I use portable mode on all meta traders ,have you looked on the folder that has all the user data for the terminals ?

Theres a folder (im looking for it now) that contains those hashes that you see when you hit Open Data Folder on your MT4.

as @Fernando Carreiro said ,backup everything daily .Backup the backup weekly (device failures) and backup the backup of the backup monthly.

Looking for the folder you can search ...hold on

i think this is the path 

Open your computer navigation :

• Go to the hard drive that has your windows installation
  • Go to Users folder
  • Go to Your username folder
  • Go to AppData (this folder might be hidden so you will need to change that setting)
  • Go to Roaming
  • Go to MetaQuotes
  • Go to Terminal
  • Browse around in the Hash folders maybe one contains the old code

Fernando Carreiro:

Look in the Recycle Bin! Try to figure out why your files disappeared.

Backups! Cloud syncing! Windows File History! MQL5 Cloud Storage! All those are methods of keeping your work safe!

If you don't do any, you risk losing your work due to unforeseen circumstances.

Not due to unforeseen circumstances

I was editing the source code file , While doing the compile It was not completed, and the contents of the file were deleted

When I opened it, it was empty

It happens with a lot of programmers in mql4 and I didn't expect it to happen in mql5, but it happened unfortunately

If you search the forum, you will find others complaining of the same problem

Please acknowledge that there is a problem in order for the company to solve it in future releases

thanks

Go to your backups. You do backup your system, don't you? YouTube/watch?v=l7-6m2cE6JM

el3reef: Not due to unforeseen circumstance. I was editing the source code file , While doing the compile It was not completed, and the contents of the file were deleted

When I opened it, it was empty. It happens with a lot of programmers in mql4 and I didn't expect it to happen in mql5, but it happened unfortunately. If you search the forum, you will find others complaining of the same problem

Please acknowledge that there is a problem in order for the company to solve it in future releases

I can't acknowledge that problem because it has never happened to me. I have been coding in both MetaEditor for v4 and for v5, since 2014 and I have never had happen to me ever.

el3reef:

Not due to unforeseen circumstances

I was editing the source code file , While doing the compile It was not completed, and the contents of the file were deleted

When I opened it, it was empty

It happens with a lot of programmers in mql4 and I didn't expect it to happen in mql5, but it happened unfortunately

If you search the forum, you will find others complaining of the same problem

thanks

Have you accidentally pressed Ctrl+A and the another key so that everything was selected and replaced by the last key?

In this case try Ctrl+Z, if the editor is still open.

Reason: