Is there a tester that could test multiple EA on 1 currency?

Is there a tester that could test multiple EA on 1 currency? Although mt5 could do this with multiple different pairs but could we test same pairs but with different ea and settings?

John Suka: Is there a tester that could test multiple EA on 1 currency? Although mt5 could do this with multiple different pairs but could we test same pairs but with different ea and settings?

Yes, just call MetaTrader from the Windows command line with configuration settings to run the test on an EA.

Have your external batch file call it for every EA you want to test and collate the various test results for analysis.

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes, just call MetaTrader from the Windows command line with configuration settings to run the test on an EA.

Have your external batch file call it for every EA you want to test and collate the various test results for analysis.

Sorry I don't get it. Do I need to do this on my windows or the mt4 software? Could you explain further?

John Suka: Sorry I don't get it. Do I need to do this on my windows or the mt4 software? Could you explain further?
  1. Is this MT5 or MT4? In your original post you mention MT5 but now ask about MT4. Which is it?
  2. I was clear when saying that you need to call it from the Windows command line and use an external batch file to do it. I did not say anything about doing it from within the terminal application
  3. I provided a link to the MT5 documentation on how to call it from the command line and supply a configuration file to carry out the test with the necessary settings. Obviously each EA has different settings and test requirements.
  4. If in fact you meant MT4 and not MT5, then read the following: https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/service/start_conf_file

Fernando Carreiro #:

Hello Fernando, what if my reason for using 2 EAs on same currency is to have the EA's share a Global Variable to be used in trading decisions meaning I therefore cannot test the EA's independently and collate the results, would there be a way to go about this so the 2 EA's execute in parallel?

salitos #:Hello Fernando, what if my reason for using 2 EAs on same currency is to have the EA's share a Global Variable to be used in trading decisions meaning I therefore cannot test the EA's independently and collate the results, would there be a way to go about this so the 2 EA's execute in parallel?

No, not possible as far as I know!

It's not ideal but consider rewriting your EAs as one.

Reason: