How to unload EAs and indicators from Strategy Tester memory?

The strategy tester loads my EAs in memory and does not delete them even if I make modifications to them ...

Even if i overwrite the binary file... This is very annoying !!

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Maybe something in the settings?

Thank you!!

karp wak: The strategy tester loads my EAs in memory and does not delete them even if I make modifications to them ... Even if i overwrite the binary file... This is very annoying !!

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Maybe something in the settings?

That should not be happening! On my setup it instantly uses the most recently compiled version. Check it is not caused by something else or if you are reading/compiling from different folders in MetaEditor and in the Strategy Tester.

Fernando Carreiro:
That should not be happening! On my setup it instantly uses the most recently compiled version. Check it is not caused by something else or if you are reading/compiling from different folders in MetaEditor and in the Strategy Tester.

Yes, I am compiling in another folder ... but I am pasting the binary into the experts folder by hand ... Ok, I'll try compiling in the same folder ... thank you very much !!

karp wak: Yes, I am compiling in another folder ... but I am pasting the binary into the experts folder by hand ... Ok, I'll try compiling in the same folder ... thank you very much !!

Yes, you have to compile to the same folder so that MetaEditor can signal to the MetaTrader terminal to update it. Otherwise it will not release or refresh.

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes, you have to compile to the same folder so that MetaEditor can signal to the MetaTrader terminal to update it. Otherwise it will not release or refresh.

Thank you very much Fernando!! :-)

karp wak:Thank you very much Fernando!! :-)
You are welcome!
Reason: