I was doing some research

Guys do you think that an EA that works on the following rule can be profitable??

-if the market goes up for 5 pips it will go for another 1,5pip

Leave your opinions,

Regards

Matija 

Matija14:

Guys do you think that an EA that works on the following rule can be profitable??

Leave your opinions,

Regards

Matija 

interesting

LoRio:
interesting
I think we would also need to :

a.Have a solid reference point applied to a period.(ex PivotPoint) from which we measure deviation.

b.Have a counter of how many times it did it (grid)

c.Allow it to self optimize and look back in historical rates to output an entry signal.

Sorry i personally dont believe such strategy i have coded & used many such, works but fails at some point losing all.

price move in waves

more likely will retrace rather than will move in the same direction 

Matija14:

Leave your opinions,

Regards

Matija 

I'm not sure about this.... but it depends on where from to start and that EA logarithm.... is it goes up 5 pips from support/resistance line? ... or from other point ?

As far as I know market can not be predicted by pips, but can predicted the direction.... so there's no guarantee if market able to goes up 5 pip then it will goes more... remember that you still have spread to think about.

About 1.5 pips, do you want that EA to take profit of 1.5 pip? ..... well if yes, just becareful.
in some retail broker, if your most trading only get profit 1-2 pips in less than a minute, then your profit might be canceled (it's call pipsing).

I give you a small but very important hint.

Nobody can predict the future it is just simply impossible.

I have coded your idea it was one of my very first Expert Advisers, it was based on the self winding watch invented by a Swiss watchmaker Abraham-Louis Perrelet in the late 1700's this watch relied on kinetic movement that would keep going after is came to a halt so the gained energy could be extracted to power the watch itself, or better said,to wind the spring, nevertheless i never got it to work properly when i turned the idea into code.

People tend to stick to indicators showing past results in hope the pattern will repeat itself, but the truth of the matter is, the trend can go anywhere, anytime.

Don't pin down on one pair, if you see one pair move up X pips, look at the others and how they are correlated and then decide what must move where cos it's either all correlated pairs moving the same value or just the one pair dropping back a X pips because it became too expensive.
Get to understand the logic behind that, learn which pairs are traded on which hours, learn about the volumes traded, learn how each of these pairs are correlated and find the ones that correlate strongly, their time frame, and make your Corelpairs and test your new ideas, it will tell you something very interesting, trust me.

So then start to Corelhedge, a term defined by me here and now, meaning you buy-buy or buy-sell two correlated pairs or inversely correlated pairs as to set up you risk-less position keeping you in the game simply because when one pair loses value the other pair will gain value, thus keeping you in the safe Corelhedge 'zone' doing things this way is playing it safe you never lose all of it but you can still make lots of it because these correlated economy's wander away from each other too in stead of two dimensional up and down movement you now get to include the professional only so few know left to right secrets that's where the real money's made it's that simple.

*Nother note these strategic setups do not run on trailingstops, they run on AccountProfit() > Profit {'Do something';}

Which can and whill maximize your profits even more, but is not necessary to make it profitable, just like the Lots = accountbalance() / X Risk Gearbox for opening up lager positions whenever accountbalance rises, and if you code it well, it will. It becomes not a matter of win or lose, but more like a matter of when and where's the new free risk-less cash gonna drop.

Take care.

Co.

Thecreator1:

I give you a small but very important hint.

Nobody can predict the future it is just simply impossible.

I have coded your idea it was one of my very first Expert Advisers, it was based on the self winding watch invented by a Swiss watchmaker Abraham-Louis Perrelet in the late 1700's this watch relied on kinetic movement that would keep going after is came to a halt so the gained energy could be extracted to power the watch itself, or better said,to wind the spring, nevertheless i never got it to work properly when i turned the idea into code.

People tend to stick to indicators showing past results in hope the pattern will repeat itself, but the truth of the matter is, the trend can go anywhere, anytime.

Don't pin down on one pair, if you see one pair move up X pips, look at the others and how they are correlated and then decide what must move where cos it's either all correlated pairs moving the same value or just the one pair dropping back a X pips because it became too expensive.
Get to understand the logic behind that, learn which pairs are traded on which hours, learn about the volumes traded, learn how each of these pairs are correlated and find the ones that correlate strongly, their time frame, and make your Corelpairs and test your new ideas, it will tell you something very interesting, trust me.

So then start to Corelhedge, a term defined by me here and now, meaning you buy-buy or buy-sell two correlated pairs or inversely correlated pairs as to set up you risk-less position keeping you in the game simply because when one pair loses value the other pair will gain value, thus keeping you in the safe Corelhedge 'zone' doing things this way is playing it safe you never lose all of it but you can still make lots of it because these correlated economy's wander away from each other too in stead of two dimensional up and down movement you now get to include the professional only so few know left to right secrets that's where the real money's made it's that simple.

*Nother note these strategic setups do not run on trailingstops, they run on AccountProfit() > Profit {'Do something';}

Which can and whill maximize your profits even more, but is not necessary to make it profitable, just like the Lots = accountbalance() / X Risk Gearbox for opening up lager positions whenever accountbalance rises, and if you code it well, it will. It becomes not a matter of win or lose, but more like a matter of when and where's the new free risk-less cash gonna drop.

Take care.

Co.

Thanks for your help, I will keep it mind. Merry Christmas!!

I don't think that is  a good idea. The market  motion is a stochastic process.

You can attempt to  use some patterns bot not very simple.

it is not bad idea , i test him...!!!

yes it is possbile to have some profit with all such kind of systems, but what is your risk in this trades.

My advice - try to create systems where reward/ risk ratio more than 2/1

Best regards,

Reason: