Discussion of article "Tips from a professional programmer (Part I): Code storing, debugging and compiling. Working with projects and logs"

New article Tips from a professional programmer (Part I): Code storing, debugging and compiling. Working with projects and logs has been published:

These are some tips from a professional programmer about methods, techniques and auxiliary tools which can make programming easier.

Terminal program files are located under the MQL5 directory. This catalog is a so-called "sandbox". Data access from the outside is closed. This is a good decision. However, the use of a DLL probably enables access to anywhere.

For example, here is the structure of the Cayman project:

• /Experts/Cayman/ - Expert Advisor
  • /Files/Cayman/ - data files (settings, parameters)
  • /Include/Cayman/ - library of classes (functions)
  • /Scripts/Cayman/ - main operational scripts
  • /Scripts/CaymanDev/ - developer scripts (used for debugging)

The main advantages of this placement are:

• Contextual search only in project files via TotalCommander
  • Version control via Git (control is enabled only for the project files, while all other files are ignored)
  • Easy copying to another terminal (demo -> real – release)

Author: Malik Arykov

Good morning I've been searching all over the Internet for mt5 assistants customer service but I have yet to find anything helpful I made a real account and I have $6,000 in there that I have been trying to withdraw but it seems impossible if you could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. My email is TcChrltn@aol.com  and my name is Terry. Attached are some files that might be helpful. 

Thank you for sharing your insight. It always refreshing to see other programmers perspective.

I already do some of this advice. This is one of my routine :

On weekend, I usually clear unnecessary log file and file created in MQL/files directory (example: spread monitor file created during the week) using .bat file with delete command.
After that, I compress the MT4/MT5 folder and proceed to copy the compressed file to 2 of my external drive/usb drive (this option is quicker rather than upload the backup into some online backup service).

Reason: