moving MT5

Hi I have to change the SO and motherboard of my pc.

Is possible to migrate tmy MT5 without loosing product purchased (i.e # of activations))

I was thinking to use some up like EaseUS Todo PCTrans Pro, but maybe there is an easier way

Thank you

Simple:

1. Click on file on your MT5 terminal

2. Look for "Open Data Folder" and click to open a window.

3. zip all the folders you see in the window and back it up

4. Recopy the folders agian on  your new OS or pc.

Hope it helps 

Thank you. In the method you recomended i will not need to reactivate any product I have purchased?

Just to be sure...

NonciAzzecco:

Thank you. In the method you recomended i will not need to reactivate any product I have purchased?

Just to be sure...

Yes no need to reactivate

Roszey:

Simple:

1. Click on file on your MT5 terminal

2. Look for "Open Data Folder" and click to open a window.

3. zip all the folders you see in the window and back it up

4. Recopy the folders agian on  your new OS or pc.

Hope it helps 

Is zipping the key to keeping the activations? I've tried copying the data folder before without zipping and the activations never went to the new PC. Had to use new activations. 

P.S I'm using MT4 

danielwoods:

Is zipping the key to keeping the activations? I've tried copying the data folder before without zipping and the activations never went to the new PC. Had to use new activations. 

P.S I'm using MT4 

no zipping is just a safety precaution

Roszey:
no zipping is just a safety precaution
Didn't work for me. The indicators show up in the navigator but do nothing dragging them onto the chart. It has to be re-activated to work. NonciAzzecco did it work for you?

danielwoods:
Didn't work for me. The indicators show up in the navigator but do nothing dragging them onto the chart. It has to be re-activated to work. NonciAzzecco did it work for you?
MT4 or MT5?

Roszey:
MT4 or MT5?

MT4.

Its annoying how the activation system works. Would be good if you could revoke an activation to use on a different computer. Would be most useful when re-installing the operating system. 

danielwoods:

MT4.

Its annoying how the activation system works. Would be good if you could revoke an activation to use on a different computer. Would be most useful when re-installing the operating system. 

it works for me... maybe your copying of the folder was not done properly. 

danielwoods:

MT4.

Activations are linked to your hardware, if you change your hardware you probably need an other activation.

You can ask confirmation to ServiceDesk.

Reason: