how to reverse an EA's trades ?

hello, I have an EA under MT4 that works but the problem is that it only places buy orders (buy and buy stop), I would have liked to configure it to only take sell orders (sell and sell stop).
after looking on the forum unable to find how to do it, I have 3 files at my disposal (ex4 / dll / mqh)
does anyone know in which folder i can change this?
and how ?

Antoineantoine: hello, I have an EA under MT4 that works but the problem is that it only places buy orders (buy and buy stop), I would have liked to configure it to only take sell orders (sell and sell stop). after looking on the forum unable to find how to do it, I have 3 files at my disposal (ex4 / dll / mqh) does anyone know in which folder i can change this? and how ?

None of those files! It has to be changed in the ".mq4" file! The ".mqh" file is only useful when used by the ".mq4" file!

Fernando Carreiro:

None of those files! It has to be changed in the ".mq4" file! The ".mqh" file is only useful when used by the ".mq4" file!

ok thank you so without mq4 folder i could not modify it?and so where found this mq4 file? only the creator has it?

Antoineantoine: ok thank you so without mq4 folder i could not modify it?and so where found this mq4 file? only the creator has it?

Yes, normally the creator should have it!

Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.
In future please post in the correct section.
I have moved your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

Is there any other solution to reverse trades? another ea or folder that I could attach to my ea to reverse trades for example?

newtfinance: Is there any other solution to reverse trades? another ea or folder that I could attach to my ea to reverse trades for example?

Simple answer - No!

Complex answer - only by knowing all the logic of the existing EA in great detail, could one make another EA that would allow us to "fix" the logic! This is equivalent to having the original source code!

Make sure you ticked buy and sell in the EA settings, sometimes it can be set to buy only

Always buying is a loosing strategy. Always selling is also a loosing strategy.
Reason: