About Freelancing

Hello Community,

What is the best way to identify the fake Freelancer customers on the platform? 

I have faced the problem customer told me to make a project and asking for the ex4 and ex5 files before paying something. I send them files and according to their strategy back test the strategy is not working good. 

so they told me my algorithm is not working properly. 

can any one here who can help me regarding this ?  is there any advance payment system available in the platform for the freelancer to avoid some fake clients. ?

Thanks. 

The only advice that I can give you is to never do any work until an agreement has been reached and the customers money is locked.

Of course there may be some exceptions , say if it is a customer that you have already worked for, but still be careful.

What these people do is think up a strategy and then get freelancers to send the ex files without any agreement in place. Remember that you are probably not the only one who is doing this free coding, they may have 10 others all working on the code. Even if they eventually pay, they are only going to pay one of you!

So they have the ex file, which has cost them nothing and they run it through the strategy tester. Most likely the strategy is flawed and the EA does not make a profit. So the customer abandons the project and nobody gets paid. The customer has been able to test the strategy at no cost to them whatsoever.

I just have someone on freelance tell me that they can pay $60 maximum for their project.

But in the job details they offered $30 to $200!

If they will only pay $60, they should offer $30 to $60.

I gave a provisional price of $100. I wouldn't even have bothered looking at the job if I knew that it was only going to be $60 max!

Keith Watford:

The only advice that I can give you is to never do any work until an agreement has been reached and the customers money is locked.

Of course there may be some exceptions , say if it is a customer that you have already worked for, but still be careful.

What these people do is think up a strategy and then get freelancers to send the ex files without any agreement in place. Remember that you are probably not the only one who is doing this free coding, they may have 10 others all working on the code. Even if they eventually pay, they are only going to pay one of you!

So they have the ex file, which has cost them nothing and they run it through the strategy tester. Most likely the strategy is flawed and the EA does not make a profit. So the customer abandons the project and nobody gets paid. The customer has been able to test the strategy at no cost to them whatsoever.

thank you so much  Keith Watford. this is really helps me to work with carefully. thanks buddy.

Reason: