MetaTrader 4 build 711 doesn't open on Windows 7

Hey,

Recently, I've downloaded new MT4 version (build 711) from my broker's website (MT4 for some reason doesn't update automatically on my computer) and tried to install it, however, after installation, terminal didn't even open. What I've noticed, was that during installation, all content (print-screen attached) was downloaded instantly (usually it takes 10-15 seconds). I've also tried disabling antivirus protection, installing it in another folder and running application as administrator, but it didn't help. Older version of MT4 (build 670) worked perfectly for me. I run 64-bit Windows 7. Maybe someone knows how to deal with this issue?

Thanks in advance! 

Files:
Printscreen.png  68 kb

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MetaTrader 4 build 711 doesn't open on Windows 7

Augustinas, 2014.10.11 17:39

Hey,

Recently, I've downloaded new MT4 version (build 711) from my broker's website (MT4 for some reason doesn't update automatically on my computer) and tried to install it, however, after installation, terminal didn't even open. What I've noticed, was that during installation, all content (print-screen attached) was downloaded instantly (usually it takes 10-15 seconds). I've also tried disabling antivirus protection, installing it in another folder and running application as administrator, but it didn't help. Older version of MT4 (build 670) worked perfectly for me. I run 64-bit Windows 7. Maybe someone knows how to deal with this issue?

Thanks in advance! 

your windows installation might be problematic. you try to reinstall your windows.

Try uninstall it, then search the old MT4 file folder and delete it all. Reinstall a new MT4 terminal installer.
Reason: