How do capture or find out when StopOrder or ProfitTarget get trigger on order

Hi

I am new and trying to learn programming Expert Advice.

I have simple EA and it is running fine. eg

ticket = OrderSend(_Symbol, OP_BUY, lots, Ask, 100, stopOrder, orderTarget, "Buy Order", 1,0, clrGreen);

How do capture or find out when StopOrder or ProfitTarget get trigger on a given order.

I would like to let reset the value to ticket.

Please can someone advice.

Kind regards

ish

Please edit your post and use the code button (Alt+S) when pasting code.
EDIT your original post, please do not just post the code correctly in a new post.

Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.
In future please post in the correct section.

I have moved your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

Also, in your code,

Always use

#property strict

When starting a project use the "New" button top left of the editor. #property strict will be included automatically.

If the compiler issues a warning don't ignore it, fix it.

OrderSend();
//may give you the error that the return value of OrderSend should be checked. The minimum that should be done is to print the error if it fails
//preferably also print the open price, TP, SL.
   int ticket=OrderSend(_Symbol,OP_BUY,0.1,Ask,20,0,0,NULL,12345,0,clrNONE);
   if(ticket==-1)
      {
      Print("OrderSend for Buy order failed with error code ",GetLastError());
      }

ishf fady: I am new and trying to learn programming Expert Advice. I have simple EA and it is running fine. eg

ticket = OrderSend(_Symbol, OP_BUY, lots, Ask, 100, stopOrder, orderTarget, "Buy Order", 1,0, clrGreen);

How do capture or find out when StopOrder or ProfitTarget get trigger on a given order. I would like to let reset the value to ticket.

For that ticket, select the order and check its Closing Time. If it is non-zero, then it has been closed. You then check the Closing Price and see if it is closer to the S/L or closer to the T/P. I say closer because due to slippage, it can be and usually is different.

Since your example code is for MQL4, have a look at the documentation of OrderSelect, OrderCloseTime, OrderClosePrice (just follow the links).

Reason: