How to get Meta Trader 4 running?

Hey guys, 

First of all, I'm a noob. So now that that's out of the way, I've got an account running with bdswiss.com and I've linked it to the Meta Trader 4 app on my smartphone. 

I didn't know there even was a desktop version I could run, so I just installed the app and started trading with a friend of mine.

So all is going well, but I realize I might actually prefer trading on my desktop rather than with my smartphone so I decided to install the Meta Trader program on my desktop and that's where I get stuck on what to do next.

My bdswiss account shows 2 options. Forex MT4 Demo and Forex MT4 Live. Both are linked to BDSwissGlobal, but 1 is set to Demo and 1 is set to Real. I guess pretty straightforward stuff for you guys.

Anyway, I want to open the same account that's running on my smartphone, on my desktop, but I'm having problems actually getting there.

Considering the BDSwiss account says it's BDSwissGlobal, I'm guessing I should choose BDS Markets from the List of Brokers inside the Open an Account window from the MetaTrader program but once I do this I only get 2 options.

Open a demo account, or Connect with an existing trade account where I need to log in with a number and a password.

The server only shows Server01, while my BDSwiss account shows I'm linked to Real-04, so I'm entirely unsure what to do now.

*edit, while typing this entire message, I realized that the number visible on my BDSwiss account, was the one I needed to insert in order for me to log in to the Meta Trader program on my desktop, but I'm not entirely there yet.

How can I see or know that the account I'm running the Meta Trader 4 app on my smartphone is now linked to the same program on my desktop? 

The 4 windows are all saying they're waiting for an update, but perhaps this has something to do with the fact that most of the Forex trading options are closed in the weekend? Again, total noob here.

Also, if I did manage to properly link my account; how can I see what the status of my money is? The smartphone app is pretty straightforward, but the desktop version looks a lot more complicated, which is fine, I don't mind it being complicated, but this is all new to me, so I'm not sure where to look for anything.

Also, where I can see all the indexes etc.

Maybe these are all really dumb questions and if so, my apologies in advance. Perhaps you can point me to a proper beginner tutorial video that literally covers all of the questions and issues I just typed.

*another edit, I can actually see in the journal tab, that my authorization has failed. It says invalid account, so I'm again, not sure where it goes wrong and what to do.

Anyway, thank you for reading and looking forward to some helpful replies!

Kind regards.

WillemWarry:

Hey guys, 

First of all, I'm a noob. So now that that's out of the way, I've got an account running with bdswiss.com and I've linked it to the Meta Trader 4 app on my smartphone. 

I didn't know there even was a desktop version I could run, so I just installed the app and started trading with a friend of mine.

So all is going well, but I realize I might actually prefer trading on my desktop rather than with my smartphone so I decided to install the Meta Trader program on my desktop and that's where I get stuck on what to do next.

My bdswiss account shows 2 options. Forex MT4 Demo and Forex MT4 Live. Both are linked to BDSwissGlobal, but 1 is set to Demo and 1 is set to Real. I guess pretty straightforward stuff for you guys.

Anyway, I want to open the same account that's running on my smartphone, on my desktop, but I'm having problems actually getting there.

Considering the BDSwiss account says it's BDSwissGlobal, I'm guessing I should choose BDS Markets from the List of Brokers inside the Open an Account window from the MetaTrader program but once I do this I only get 2 options.

Open a demo account, or Connect with an existing trade account where I need to log in with a number and a password.

The server only shows Server01, while my BDSwiss account shows I'm linked to Real-04, so I'm entirely unsure what to do now.

*edit, while typing this entire message, I realized that the number visible on my BDSwiss account, was the one I needed to insert in order for me to log in to the Meta Trader program on my desktop, but I'm not entirely there yet.

How can I see or know that the account I'm running the Meta Trader 4 app on my smartphone is now linked to the same program on my desktop? 

The 4 windows are all saying they're waiting for an update, but perhaps this has something to do with the fact that most of the Forex trading options are closed in the weekend? Again, total noob here.

Also, if I did manage to properly link my account; how can I see what the status of my money is? The smartphone app is pretty straightforward, but the desktop version looks a lot more complicated, which is fine, I don't mind it being complicated, but this is all new to me, so I'm not sure where to look for anything.

Also, where I can see all the indexes etc.

Maybe these are all really dumb questions and if so, my apologies in advance. Perhaps you can point me to a proper beginner tutorial video that literally covers all of the questions and issues I just typed.

*another edit, I can actually see in the journal tab, that my authorization has failed. It says invalid account, so I'm again, not sure where it goes wrong and what to do.

Anyway, thank you for reading and looking forward to some helpful replies!

Kind regards.

Use the trading account credentials emailed to you by your broker, when you opened your account.

You will find there the account number, password and broker/server to use.

For any other broker related issue, contact your broker.