use an account owned by others to create a signal

I trade for some friends. Can I use their account to list as my signal?

Peter Lu: I trade for some friends. Can I use their account to list as my signal?
I don't think that is allowed and is somewhat suspect. If found out, they may ban the signal or even the account, so it might be best not to do that. But if you want an official answer, then ask at the Service desk. We are only user here.
Contact Us
Contact Us
  • www.mql5.com
Send your messages and see the history of your requests to the mql5.com support team even if you are not registered on the website.

Peter Lu:
I trade for some friends. Can I use their account to list as my signal?
Trading account or mql5 account/profile?
read the rules first:
Rules of Using the Signals Service
Rules for copy trading in MetaTrader 4 and 5 - the Trading Signals service
Rules for copy trading in MetaTrader 4 and 5 - the Trading Signals service
  • www.mql5.com
Terms of Service Trading Signals: Signal Providers, how to create a signal subscription signals.

Sergey Golubev:
Trading account or mql5 account/profile?
read the rules first:
Rules of Using the Signals Service

the trading account belongs to somebody else, but I do the trading. Now can I set up a signal in MY mql5 profile using the account? I thought it might be a possibility as this is my intellectual property :-) I am only selling my brain, using others money as a tool.

Fernando Carreiro:
I don't think that is allowed and is somewhat suspect. If found out, they may ban the signal or even the account, so it might be best not to do that. But if you want an official answer, then ask at the Service desk. We are only user here.

The service desk normally is my first choice and attempt. But my question does not belong to any of the pre-set subjects, and I was referred to the forum here.

Peter Lu: The service desk normally is my first choice and attempt. But my question does not belong to any of the pre-set subjects, and I was referred to the forum here.

Unfortunately, the Service Desk is directing almost every one to the forum, even when it is something that is of their responsibility. We users are then left with not being able to offer help much. It is unfortunate that MetaQuotes does not seem to see value in quality customer service.

Reason: