Question maintaining code in CodeBase

Hello,

I would like to know how to proceed with an update to Code published in the CodeBase. 

Since Ive published the code I have made some changes, bugfixes and enhancements, therefore I would like to know how to proceed.

Should I update the existing entry? How do get Users notified about such an update to the code?

Or should I post a new entry to the codebase?

What would be more beneficial to the community?

Regards

Dominik Egert :

Hello,

I would like to know how to proceed with an update to Code published in the CodeBase. 

Since Ive published the code I have made some changes, bugfixes and enhancements, therefore I would like to know how to proceed.

Should I update the existing entry? How do get Users notified about such an update to the code?

Or should I post a new entry to the codebase?

What would be more beneficial to the community?

Regards

Just replace the file. In the file itself, do not forget to specify the version - for example, like this:

#property version   "1.001"

Vladimir Karputov:

Just replace the file. In the file itself, do not forget to specify the version - for example, like this:

Thank you for your quick response.

Since it is only an mqh file, wouldnt that property interfere with users code in which it gets included?

Dominik Egert :

Thank you for your quick response.

Since it is only an mqh file, wouldnt that property interfere with users code in which it gets included?

No, this recording will not interfere.

As a rule of thumb, you should always include a version number.