VPS Response Time

I have been using M5QL VPS little over a month now, my Broker is Coinexx. The reason I came to  M5QL VPS was the lag time I had with Coinexx VPS.

1. When I am ready to close a trade, I place my mouse over the open trade line and I right click the trade line and up pops the various options and one of them is to close, I click close and I exit the trade.

2. I always automatically go to my account history tab and look at the results to see if it is what I exited with when the trade was open.

3. Up until today, the amount when I closed the Open Trade  (IT MOVED LIKE LIGHTING) it was the same amount in Account History.

4. Today, for the first time, every time there was a lag, I have exited four (4) trades (GBP/USD):

3a. Closed at positive $268 (0957 HRS), Account History negative $400.

3b.  Closed at positive $92 (1753 HRS),  Account History negative $120.

3c.  Closed at positive $1123 (1800 HRS), Account History positive $640.

3d.  Closed at positive $589 (1837 HRS), Account History positive $256. ( This one, I clicked the close and before it disappeared I saw a flash (number changing) do not know what it was.

If there is something I need to do, please let me know

Thank You

Devaun 

ARKTOS AUROCH:

I have been using M5QL VPS little over a month now, my Broker is Coinexx. The reason I came to  M5QL VPS was the lag time I had with Coinexx VPS.

1. When I am ready to close a trade, I place my mouse over the open trade line and I right click the trade line and up pops the various options and one of them is to close, I click close and I exit the trade.

2. I always automatically go to my account history tab and look at the results to see if it is what I exited with when the trade was open.

3. Up until today, the amount when I closed the Open Trade  (IT MOVED LIKE LIGHTING) it was the same amount in Account History.

4. Today, for the first time, every time there was a lag, I have exited four (4) trades (GBP/USD):

3d.  Closed at positive $589 (1837 HRS), Account History positive $256. ( This one, I clicked the close and before it disappeared I saw a flash (number changing) do not know what it was.

Thank You

Devaun 

I don't understand your story.

If you use MQL5 VPS (or any VPS) what is the point of closing your trades manually yourself?

MQL5 VPS (or any VPS) has a meaning only if you use Expert Advisors for trading automatically.

ARKTOS AUROCH: I have been using M5QL VPS little over a month now, my Broker is Coinexx. The reason I came to  M5QL VPS was the lag time I had with Coinexx VPS.

Even if you are using a MQL5 VPS, anything you do at your terminal manually is not going through the VPS, but instead is going via your personal Internet connection (be that at home or your work). So, any delays you experience while closing trades manually have nothing to do with the VPS connection to your broker.

Also, as @Eleni Anna Branou stated, using a VPS only makes sense for running EAs or for following signals, not manual trading!

Eleni Anna Branou:

I don't understand your story.

If you use MQL5 VPS (or any VPS) what is the point of closing your trades manually yourself?

MQL5 VPS (or any VPS) has a meaning only if you use Expert Advisors for trading automatically.

I disagree that statement. The main purpose for VPS whether manually or automatic, it is all about the response time. It does not matter if you click close or if a program clicks close. The trade is being closed you're still in the VPS. I am not talking about an announcement where the TP is activated because of a spike. I am talking about closing and you see the price not moving when it disappears from the open trade window. When it disappears from the open trade window it should be closed. 

Fernando Carreiro:

Even if you are using a MQL5 VPS, anything you do at your terminal manually is not going through the VPS, but instead is going via your personal Internet connection (be that at home or your work). So, any delays you experience while closing trades manually have nothing to do with the VPS connection to your broker.

Also, as @Eleni Anna Branou stated, using a VPS only makes sense for running EAs or for following signals, not manual trading!

Thank you for yours and Eleni response. I responded to Eleni, I have talked to three other people and you make fourth person about VPS. They disagree with you. Not trying to start an argument, or even a discussion (I do not care), all I want to know how to stop the lost of pips when I close a trade. This is not during announcements. 

Thank you

ARKTOS AUROCH:

I disagree that statement. The main purpose for VPS whether manually or automatic, it is all about the response time. It does not matter if you click close or if a program clicks close. The trade is being closed you're still in the VPS. I am not talking about an announcement where the TP is activated because of a spike. I am talking about closing and you see the price not moving when it disappears from the open trade window. When it disappears from the open trade window it should be closed. 

Wrong! Human response time and actually clicking on the button to close is so slow compared to the network latency, that it makes almost no difference if you are siting right next to the broker or on the other side of the world.

Also, MQL5 VPS, does not allow you to remotely connect to it to do manual trading via some kind of remote screen sharing app. All manual trades occur from your terminal and not from the VPS. The MQL5 VPS is designed to run an EA at the VPS instead of at your terminal, but not redirecting manual trade requests.

You are basing your statement on incorrect information!

ARKTOS AUROCH:

Thank You

Devaun 

MQL5 VPS is the "Metatrader in cloud".
I mean: there is your home Metatrader, and there is the other Metatrader namely MQL5 VPS ("Metatrader in cloud").
This MQL5 VPS is manily for signal subscription and for automated trading by the EA.

When you are manually closing the trade so you use your home Metatrader (or when you are using your home Metatrader for trading/closing/open the trade) so it has nothing to do with response time on MQL5 VPS. Because MQL5 VPS is the other Metatrader, and it is not located in your country in most of the cases.

---------------- 

To make it shorter:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2018.11.24 18:01

VPS is the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.
To make this copy of your Metatrader in cloud so you need to open chart (or charts) and attach your EA to the chart (or to the charts) to ready to trade.
After that - you make the migration: you are synchronizing your Metatrader with open charts with EA attached to the charts - with the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.

Once you synchronized (once you sent everything to VPS) so you can close your pc (in you want): your EA will work on VPS (means: your EA will work on the copy of your Metatrader in cloud).

And all those actions (with possibe errors) are written in your VPS log files (you can check it inside your home Metatrader).

---------------

To make it shorter:

• Your MQL5 VPS = your "2nd Metatrader in cloud". I mean: there is the cloud (somewhere). And there is "your second Metatrader" there ... this "second Metatrader in cloud" is empty ... you will need to provide migration/synchronize.
  • Migration = sending your EAs/indicators/open charts from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • You can synchronize the settings/open charts/EAs/settings of your EAs/changing the settings of your EA/opened charts - from your home Metatrader with MQL5 VPS (with "your Metatrader in cloud"). You can synchronize many time (as many as you want).
  • Only open chart(s) with attached EA(s) can be migrated (can be synchronized) from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • Your EA(s) will work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud"), and you can close your home Metatrader, or use your home Metatrader with the other trading account, or any.
  • Autotrading is always On in MQL5 VPS ("your second Metatrader in cloud" is having autotrading to be always ON irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader).
  • (limitation) Your EA will not work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud") if EA is using dll irrespective off -  you allowed dll or not in your home Metatrader (irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader). It is necessary to see the code or to be a coder to know: your EA is using/calling dll or not).
  • (limitation) It must be 64-bit client terminal (MT5) to use virtual hosting - means: your home Metatrader 5 should be 64-bit.
    MT4 does not have this limitation (because MT4 is always on 32-bit).

---------------

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers

ARKTOS AUROCH:

Thank you for yours and Eleni response. I responded to Eleni, I have talked to three other people and you make fourth person about VPS. They disagree with you. Not trying to start an argument, or even a discussion (I do not care), all I want to know how to stop the lost of pips when I close a trade. This is not during announcements.

Well, then we will not be able to help you, simply because your incorrect assumption makes it impossible for us to give you a solution.

Please ask your 3 other contacts that disagree with us to provide you with the answer you are looking for.

Reason: