Metatrader 5 Who pays for it?

Who pays for it?  I've been looking around but can only find Broker sales and no prices.

Do I just download connect to my broker and use it.

Does my broker have to have MT5 server installed or will MT4 server do.

Can I just install it and use it as a standalone platform with offline EOD data such as yahoo and no broker/server connection.

Does it have to be connected to the internet to work.

Can you buy it as a standalone platform/Technical analysis software

Is it free? if so with what conditions

Thanks.

Toslow:

Who pays for it?  I've been looking around but can only find Broker sales and no prices.

Can I just install it and use it as a standalone platform with offline EOD data such as yahoo and no broker/server connection.

Thanks.

1. The broker pays for it. It is free for us traders
  2. Yes, if your broker offers MT5
  3. Yes, your broker needs MT5 Server infrastructure as it is different to MT4.
  4. Partial yes/no. You can download it from https://www.metatrader5.com/ and use it with a MetaQuotes demo account free of charge. MetaQuotes also delivers real-time data for forex market free of charge. To my knowledge there is no possibility to import Yahoo EoD data because history data is managed inside the terminal. You always depend on the data your broker or MetaQuotes delivers to the terminal.
  5. You have to be connected to the internet to download history data and in case you want to do real-time trading or testing with live quotes. Without internet connection you can use the strategy tester to work with historical data.
  6. It is completely free of charge for the trader for demo as well as for live accounts. Depending on the broker, demo accounts will normally be deleted after 30 days after opening of the account or after 30 days of inactivity. 
My proposal: Start with MT5 by downloading it from a broker of your choice or https://www.metatrader5.com/ and open a demo account. If it is satisfactory to you, you can later open a live account with a MT5 broker of your choice and add this account in your already installed platform. You don't have to install it twice unless you want to run it in parallel on different accounts.
MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform for Forex Trading
MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform for Forex Trading
  • www.metatrader5.com
The MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform is designed to provide brokerage services to traders in Forex, CFD, Futures, as well as stock markets. Become a broker and start rendering services to traders on the financial markets.

Toslow:

Thanks.

download from this website and its free.

but another question is how to connect to your broker? does your broker support it? 

Reason: