Anyone knows a way to change the magic number of an already placed position? - page 2

Enrique Dangeroux:

Agreed, it would allow for the order state for the TS logic to reside on the trade server instead of local, this to do local, i also agree, is troublesome to realize, but it is possible.

It will make life easier and logic simpler.

Is the discussion about changing the comment considering pending orders??

As of positions, it is very well possible to change the comment. In terms of executed orders, so orders being part of the history, why would anyone want to change journal entries. - Just thinking about being able to change a journal... 

Or am I getting this totally wrong?

Enrique Dangeroux:

Agreed, it would allow for the order state for the TS logic to reside on the trade server instead of local, this to do local, i also agree, is troublesome to realize, but it is possible.

It will make life easier and logic simpler.

I also agree, that being able to store extra modifiable data on the server would be pretty useful!

Hesham Ahmed Kamal Barakat:I am not arguing about the purpose you mentioning. I am saying that it would be more beneficial to be able to change it. WHat's the big deal!

The big deal is that if the Magic number were allowed to change, then there would be no guaranteed that the orders could be tracked accurately to prevent "collision" between EA's both during trade as well as in order history to be accounted later on during statistical studies of the trades.

Changing Magic numbers, would allow for EA's to cause interference with other EAs, either accidentally (or even maliciously in the case of commercial EAs).

So, no, I do not agree that the Magic number should be changeable,

I do agree however, that it would beneficial to have some other means of storing changeable data with the order on the trading server, but that is another matter!

Fernando Carreiro #:

The big deal is that if the Magic number were allowed to change, then there would be no guaranteed that the orders could be tracked accurately to prevent "collision" between EA's both during trade as well as in order history to be accounted later on during statistical studies of the trades.

Changing Magic numbers, would allow for EA's to cause interference with other EAs, either accidentally (or even maliciously in the case of commercial EAs).

So, no, I do not agree that the Magic number should be changeable,

I do agree however, that it would beneficial to have some other means of storing changeable data with the order on the trading server, but that is another matter!

There's many occasions that you wanted an open trade to be following a EA using a magic number, while the EA has already open trades, so I would say it is very useful for the user to be able to change it, rather than copying the EA parameters, and open it in another chart while adjusting the Magic Number and not to open any other trade.

Executed orders already have unique ID, and Deal ID, it can be used for tracking or searching, However Magic ID is created by EA's which you can adjust as a user while adding EA or Editing it, so it would be much beneficial to be changeable, but with extra confirmations.

Just an opinion not arguing.

Thanks and Best Regards

Reason: