cannot change property indicator_buffers in a custom indicator

Hello,

I am writing a custom indicator (MQL4). Initially, I had:

#property indicator_buffers 10

I want to re-size it to 8 (don't need the last two). My code does not refer to the last two buffers in any way (i.e. no bubber declaration, no SetIndexBuffer, etc.)

When changing to:

#property indicator_buffers 8

I keep getting: "property already exists with different value and will be skipped" error. 

This occurs both when trying to increase or decrease the value, with or without a project (.mqproj file) - in the later case with or without changing the "Buffers:" field in the project page so that it will match the #property statement in the file, and also in MQL5.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Avy

avys:

Hello,

I am writing a custom indicator (MQL4). Initially, I had:

#property indicator_buffers 10

I want to re-size it to 8 (don't need the last two). My code does not refer to the last two buffers in any way (i.e. no bubber declaration, no SetIndexBuffer, etc.)

When changing to:

#property indicator_buffers 8

I keep getting: "property already exists with different value and will be skipped" error. 

This occurs both when trying to increase or decrease the value, with or without a project (.mqproj file) - in the later case with or without changing the "Buffers:" field in the project page so that it will match the #property statement in the file, and also in MQL5.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Avy

int init()
  {
      IndicatorBuffers(8);

}
Reason: