is this ok to do?

if i pay monthly for a private indicator, can i just use the source code for that indicator and use it myself? 200 a month is kind of a steep price.

EGD EGD:
if i pay monthly for a private indicator, can i just use the source code for that indicator and use it myself? 200 a month is kind of a steep price.
You mean the source code of a product bought in the market, right?  When you buy or rent a product in the market, you buy the right to use it indefinitely or for a limited time in case you rent it, but in no case do you have the right to see the source code.  With the rental purchase you can use it on a limited number of devices depending on the licenses offered by the developer, usually 5

EGD EGD:

You can buy it for indefinitely time. Source code is the secret of an EA you cant get it unless the developer give it to you, if you are just a user of EA then source code is not necessary at all. Ask the developer if you want to buy source code privately, maybe the developer want to give for a certain price.

EGD EGD: if i pay monthly for a private indicator, can i just use the source code for that indicator and use it myself?

It makes no sense to pay monthly for source code — once you have it you need nothing from the owner and wouldn't never pay again.

Either you are paying $200 (once) for the source code, or you are renting (per month) the compiled indicator (no source).

Reason: