Does information in the chart of an EA slow down Strategy Tester performance?

I had an EA built which has lots of information displayed in the chart. The EA performs extremely slow on strategy tester. Would it run faster if the EA did not have to display all the information. Or is it irrelevant. Thanks for some insight!

Yes, its slowing down

thanks a lot, Amando.

pl75:
I had an EA built which has lots of information displayed in the chart. The EA performs extremely slow on strategy tester. Would it run faster if the EA did not have to display all the information. Or is it irrelevant. Thanks for some insight!

If the information is updated every tick, then it is sure to slow it down.

Keith Watford:

If the information is updated every tick, then it is sure to slow it down.

But testing on everytick is a must for real performance. I had been testing a lot of EA there are some quick to finish on test and other very slow to finish. It seems the more complex the strategy or indicator requirement the more it will slow down on test

Anak Agung :
But testing on everytick is a must for real performance. I had been testing a lot of EA there are some quick to finish on test and other very slow to finish. It seems the more complex the strategy or indicator requirement the more it will slow down on test

Why, when testing, you update the TEXT EVERY tick through the 'Comment' command?

Ideally you should have 2 versions of an EA.

1) specifically for tester/optimizer stripped from all unnecessary checks and logging required for combat use but irrelevant for tester.

2) the full fledged combat advisor running the output of the tester version.

1. EAs : Don't do per tick that you can do per bar, or on open.
    If you are waiting for a level, don't reevaluate, wait until price reaches it (or a new bar starts and you recalculate.)
    If you are waiting for an order to close, only look when OrdersTotal (or MT5 equivalent) has changed.
              How to get backtesting faster ? - MT4 - MQL4 programming forum 2017.08.07

2. Indicators: Code it properly so it only recomputes bar zero (after the initial run.)
              How to do your lookbacks correctly. 2016.05.11
    Or, reduce Tools → Options (control+O) → Charts → Max bars in chart to something reasonable (like 1K.)

Reason: