Is FOREX currency trading on MT5 considered CFD or not?

Hello,

I am a newbie to the FOREX world and I am really lost and i want straight to the point answer regarding one issue.

currently I am doing currency trading on MT5 with XM Broker.

is my trading considered direct trading or is it just CFD?

I appreciate your answers.

It is related to the broker:
one broker is proposing some symbols to trade, the other broker is not proposing some symbols, next broker is proposing the Oil to trade, and so on.
read post for more information.

You should find the broker which is proposing some symbol (discussion about the brokers is prohibited on the forum so you should find it by yourself sorry).

how to trade U.S. equity and options?
how to trade U.S. equity and options?
  • www.mql5.com
I've searched Google and this forum but found no straightforward answer to this question. It seems like some U.S...

samdz:

Hello,

I am a newbie to the FOREX world and I am really lost and i want straight to the point answer regarding one issue.

currently I am doing currency trading on MT5 with XM Broker.

is my trading considered direct trading or is it just CFD?

I appreciate your answers.

Normal forex trading it is CFD trading.

When you buy or sell some instrument, you actually buy/sell a CFD for that instrument, any broker can confirm that.

I had the same question some years back.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Normal forex trading it is CFD trading.

When you buy or sell some instrument, you actually buy/sell a CFD for that instrument, any broker can confirm that.

I had the same question some years back.

Thanks it clear to me now. I have found out that Share trading give you ownership but it is only limited to stocks :'(

Do you mean by "Normal forex trading " that there is another way to trade Forex where I can actually own the currency???

samdz:

Thanks it clear to me now. I have found out that Share trading give you ownership but it is only limited to stocks :'(

Do you mean by "Normal forex trading " that there is another way to trade Forex where I can actually own the currency???

No, for us retail players there isn't.

All retail FX is CFD
Reason: