Proposal: zero costs

By the way, while waiting for the solution of custom symbols (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/354642)...

The real reason for me to create custom symbols (which is a very long and cumbersome workaround) is the following: since I want to use the platform for research purposes (finding edges...) I am interested in testing my idea, initially, with ZERO costs: swap zero, commission zero, ideally no spread...

Is it just me having this "wish"?

Wouldn't it be nice to ask MetaQuotes to introduce a simple feature (a button?) for allowing such kind of testing?

Currently we can set zero commissions by using the advanced symbol features in backtesting, but there is no way for zeroing swap and reducing spread (down to 1 point or less) but recreating the whole history in a custom symbol (...well, as long as it works, which seems not to be the case...) "manually" substituting the spread with a low value and setting swap to zero in the symbol features...

It is a lot of (useless...) work.

Nobody raised the wish so far? Other platforms allow making it in a very smooth and simple way.

Please help with custom symbols!
Please help with custom symbols!
  • www.mql5.com
Dear people, After having tried to ask in an existing old thread ( https://www.mql5...

If MQL5 had the potential and the will to be that perfect, I wouldn't be here researching programing languages, trying to find one with multithreading,database,speed and networking support, array functionality, and OOP to build custom strategy discovery algorithms, without strategy tester limitations.

Anonymous3 Geek:
If MQL5 had the potential and the will to be that perfect, I wouldn't be here researching programing languages, trying to find one with multithreading,database,speed and networking support, array functionality, and OOP to build custom strategy discovery algorithms, without strategy tester limitations.

Hallo Anonymous, Thank you for your answer. Please don't take my proposal as a dismissal of MT5 merits. But if we can make suggestions to improve it even more, why not?

Reason: