EA activation needed after Windows 10 update?

Hi. I have installed today on my computer, that runs all my Expert Advisors, a newest Windows 10 update (20H2), and once I have restarted the system I could not load the EAs, that was running on it for a while now. 

It turns out, that I had to activate the EA one more time in order to make it work, and I am wondering, is that a common situation, because as we all know, developers give in some cases only 10 activations per product and if you have two computers you are working on (or a computer and a vps) after few windows updates like this, you will be out of activations... So I was wondering, if in the market rules (which are nowhere to be found and not present at the link https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules) can not be changed and to exclude the situations, when windows 10 update was made or by default make the minimum of every EA to let's say 20 activations..???

Can I somehow apply to get back the activations I have wasted on the Widnows 10 update??

Productivity - USA - MetaTrader 5 Help
Productivity - USA - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The productivity index measures the output produced for each hour of labor worked. This indicator is useful for predicting inflation and output growth. If the cost of labor increases respective to the increase of productivity, and, moreover, if the increase in production costs is unlikely, then it will not cause inflation. It has a significant...

tsunami80:

Hi. I have installed today on my computer, that runs all my Expert Advisors, a newest Windows 10 update (20H2), and once I have restarted the system I could not load the EAs, that was running on it for a while now. 

It turns out, that I had to activate the EA one more time in order to make it work, and I am wondering, is that a common situation, because as we all know, developers give in some cases only 10 activations per product and if you have two computers you are working on (or a computer and a vps) after few windows updates like this, you will be out of activations... So I was wondering, if in the market rules (which are nowhere to be found and not present at the link https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules) can not be changed and to exclude the situations, when windows 10 update was made or by default make the minimum of every EA to let's say 20 activations..???

Yes, that is exactly the case.

After each major windows upgrade Metaquotes usually credits one extra activation for all MQL5 Market purchases.

This is done in a universal manner and not in a personal member level.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Yes, that is exactly the case.

After each major windows upgrade Metaquotes usually credits one extra activation for all MQL5 Market purchases.

This is done in a universal manner and not in a personal member level.

thank you for your reply Eleni. 

Does it mean that this windows 10 update qualifies for the reimbursement of the activations?

Will I get one more activation to all of my EAs I have purchased?

Will I get the message about it in my messages from the System?

tsunami80:

thank you for your reply Eleni. 

Does it mean that this windows 10 update qualifies for the reimbursement of the activations?

Will I get one more activation to all of my EAs I have purchased?

Will I get the message about it in my messages from the System?

These major updates are not applied in all countries and continents at the same time.

Metaquotes credits these extra activations for all members at a universal manner, so I don't know what applies to you personally.

If the extra activation for this specific update was given earlier you may not receive it now, if its due in the near future, you will receive it along with all others.

Eleni Anna Branou:

These major updates are not applied in all countries and continents at the same time.

Metaquotes credits these extra activations for all members at a universal manner, so I don't know what applies to you personally.

If the extra activation for this specific update was given earlier you may not receive it now, if its due in the near future, you will receive it along with all others.

ok, that makes sense. 

Should I be credited with an extra activation, will I be notified about it in the message from the system on my mql5 page or will it just appear next to the given EA on my purchases tab?

tsunami80:

ok, that makes sense. 

Should I be credited with an extra activation, will I be notified about it in the message from the system on my mql5 page or will it just appear next to the given EA on my purchases tab?

It will appear in your Purchases page: https://www.mql5.com/en/users/tsunami80/market

Reason: