Using Broker real tick data in Strategy Tester

Hello,

I have an EA I'm trying to test. I want to test it with data I have from my broker, not Metaquotes data as I want to ensure there isn't anything dodgy happening (The EA Purposely opens and closes positions when it was known in the past to be able to ideally open and close these positions and close in profit). I'm well aware you can create a custom symbol and import the data but it's not that simple. The EA is a multicurrency EA and has specifically hardcoded to use Symbols like "AUDUSD" or "GBPUSD". If I create a custom symbol, and access candle data using code like this:

iHigh("EURUSD", Period(), 0) will not use my custom symbol data for EURUSD, but will use the in built meta quotes data.

As far as I can see, there is no way to override the in built symbols like EURUSD with your own broker data for the strategy tester. It will always use the metaquotes data which I do not want.

Perhaps MT5 should have a feature that when you run it in strategy tester where you can redirect all quote and trades calls off a specific symbol to use one of your own custom ones. So when the code does something like this:

iHigh("EURUSD", Period(), 0)

it really does this (in effect):

iHigh("EURUSD_Custom", Period(), 0)

Either way, Because I do not have the source code for this EA, I want to be able to test it with all the currencies against my broker data, not metaquotes but that's hard when the code has the symbol names hardcoded and won't use a custom one.

Reason: