Virtual Server- EAs removed and initialized...without asking

Hi

My EAs are held on a MQL provided virtual server. Checked the Journals log for both the Terminal and Experts; this morning they were all synchronized again. But, i did not ask for this to happen :(

Can't see anything in the Journals log to explain to me why this happened. Any ideas how I can understand?

I had live trades open at the close on Friday and this has affected them so just want to make sure I understand so it does not happen again.

Thanks 

Steve

lancastersteve: I had live trades open at the close on Friday and this has affected them so just want to make sure I understand so it does not happen again.
  1. Even servers must be rebooted occasionally, i.e. to replace failed components.

2. It shouldn't have affect your trades if it was coded correctly.

EAs must be coded to recover. If the power fails, OS crashes, terminal or chart is accidentally closed, on the next tick, any static/global ticket variables will have been lost. You will have an open order but don't know it, so the EA will never try to close it, trail SL, etc. How are you going to recover? Use a OrderSelect / Position select loop to recover, or persistent storage (GV+flush or files) of ticket numbers required.

William

Thanks for the help. Totally agree with your 2. Need to have a look at my code therefore.

Reason: