EA

Hi All, I have a question and would like to ask the forum if any one can help. I am a prop trader and now want to add my EA to my trading. The prop firm i work for has a rule that trades must not be opened or closed 2 mins before and 2 mins after red news events. Now i know i can turn off Auto trading just before and that will make sure no new trades are opened. But its the ones already that are open i need to manage. If any of these trades close within this 4 min window i will violate my account. Does anyone know how i can make sure that theses trades do not close as they may hit TP or SL. One person suggested to detach the EA from the chart and then put it back after the event. Any ideas please. Many thanks Neal.

Remove the TP and SL during the 4 minutes?

If the server know you SL and TP it won't help to 'detach' the EA or e.g. close the terminal.

2 minutes before or 2 minutes after?
It's a bit late or a bit early, isn't it?

Carl Schreiber:

Remove the TP and SL during the 4 minutes?

If the server know you SL and TP it won't help to 'detach' the EA or e.g. close the terminal.

Hi Carl, Thank you for your reply. Yes that would work although a bit of of a pain. 

stanislass:
2 minutes before or 2 minutes after?
It's a bit late or a bit early, isn't it?
Hi, Thanks for your reply but i dont understand what you mean.

hey guys, i have been doing so much research but cannot find any answers. 

HOW do i set up a trading account for my first trader? I am starting a Proprietary Trading Firm and I cannot find any answers... would love some help.

Are you sure you want to do this? I mean starting a prop firm...

It's like you cannot create an email address but want to do IT service...

Find a broker, make an account with them, see that they support MT4/5.

Reason: