MT5 EA backtesting...

Does anyone have any possible reasons an EA can work on my programmers PC but not on mine, it closes trades at strange and wrong times on my PC but I have seen it working on my programmers PC?

We both have exact same version of latest release MT5 from Aug 26 2020. WE have been checking every possible detail for days and days but everything is the same: same settings, same broker, same set files, same EA, same leverage everything is the same.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing seems to help. I even tried a different PC but that didn't help.

Any ideas much appreciated?

Thanks, Stephen.

Stephen:

Does anyone have any possible reasons an EA can work on my programmers PC but not on mine, it closes trades at strange and wrong times on my PC but I have seen it working on my programmers PC?

We both have exact same version of latest release MT5 from Aug 26 2020. WE have been checking every possible detail for days and days but everything is the same: same settings, same broker, same set files, same EA, same leverage everything is the same.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing seems to help. I even tried a different PC but that didn't help.

Any ideas much appreciated?

Thanks, Stephen.

Is it a session based ea ? 

Are test data exactly the same ? 

Does it use indicators that you don't have and it doesn't check?

Lorentzos Roussos:

Is it a session based ea ? 

Are test data exactly the same ? 

No its not session based.. and yes tick data is exact same.. just the same EA behaves differently between me and him.. its got us very puzzled.

Stephen:
No its not session based.. and yes tick data is exact same.. just the same EA behaves differently between me and him.. its got us very puzzled.

What are your testing settings (in the tester) and also what @William Roeder asked

William Roeder:
Does it use indicators that you don't have and it doesn't check?
It only uses one paid indicator which it does check for and doesnt operate without it being installed.. and another basic indi which is free with mt5.. so this i cant see being an issue.. but thanks for suggestions

Lorentzos Roussos:

What are your testing settings (in the tester) and also what @William Roeder asked

tester settings we checked numerous times and are identical between us.. just on my end trades close at strange times for no apparent reason..
Reason: