Question about iOpen (delay of 10-20 seconds to refresh new bar open value)

Hello guys

Have this problem, my EA takes the iOpen value of current bar to decide whether open position or not. But once a new bar is open, it still gets the open value of previous bar until 10-20 seconds in the new bar

Had anyone experience an issue like this? What could it be?

Thanks in advance! 

Do you really expect an answer? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.

Always post all relevant code.
     How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
          Be precise and informative about your problem

We can't see your broken code.

William Roeder:

Do you really expect an answer? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.

Always post all relevant code.
          Be precise and informative about your problem

We can't see your broken code.

Did I say something about a code? the code it's fine, it's a very simple code, take the open value of current bar, adds some pips and that gives the enter price... And it works just fine AFTER 10-20 seconds of the bar opening... 

I don't want anything done, I'm just fishing here, maybe someone had a similar problem and can give me a hint, it's not your case, ok, good bye to you then

1. Austin Baier: the code it's fine,

So you say.

2. Austin Baier: And it works just fine AFTER 10-20 seconds of the bar opening... 

So you say.

3. Show your code that shows the problem. Where is your logs that shows the problem. Do you really expect an answer? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.

Don't rush to claim that you have found a bug.
    Questions Not To Ask
              My program doesn't work. I think system facility X is broken.

Austin Baier:

Did I say something about a code? the code it's fine, it's a very simple code, take the open value of current bar, adds some pips and that gives the enter price... And it works just fine AFTER 10-20 seconds of the bar opening... 

I don't want anything done, I'm just fishing here, maybe someone had a similar problem and can give me a hint, it's not your case, ok, good bye to you then

We see this a lot in the forum. Posters don't want to show their code and insist that the problem is not with their code.

In 99.9% of cases, if the poster eventually shows the code, that is where the problem is.

Nobody is likely to guess what the problem is when you don't show your code.

Austin Baier:

Hello guys

Have this problem, my EA takes the iOpen value of current bar to decide whether open position or not. But once a new bar is open, it still gets the open value of previous bar until 10-20 seconds in the new bar

Had anyone experience an issue like this? What could it be?

Thanks in advance! 

did you test your EA on different symbols? did they share the same behavior after the tests?

how did you come up with 10-20 seconds? did you literally measure the time?

i simulated your scenario, and it ran fine, it got the right open price using ibarshift on specific trigger time, maybe it's your code

Reason: