How activations are accounted in EA market purhcase?

Hello,

I have a question, when buying an EA from the market it has a limit for activations, most of the times is 5 or 10 activations.

What are the limits of the activations? When the activation is taken into account, every time it's opened in the same metatrader install, or in every computer, or I can use it in different computers or different brokers accounts? Can I use it simultaniously in different computers if I'm logged in the same mql5 account?

Thanks

R Gatsby:

Hello,

I have a question, when buying an EA from the market it has a limit for activations, most of the times is 5 or 10 activations.

What are the limits of the activations? When the activation is taken into account, every time it's opened in the same metatrader install, or in every computer, or I can use it in different computers or different brokers accounts? Can I use it simultaniously in different computers if I'm logged in the same mql5 account?

Thanks

Activations are bound to the computer, not to terminals, so each time you install your MQL5 purhcase on a new computer you spend one activation.

Also there is the case of major windows updates, when all MQL5 purchases are uninstalled and you need to install them again and spend a new activation, but MQL5.com usually credits one extra activation for all purchases, when such a major update is due.

This is a windows bug and not a MQL5.com problem, as is usually seen, because after each major windows update the computer's identity is changed, like its a new computer.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Activations are bound to the computer, not to terminals, so each time you install your MQL5 purhcase on a new computer you spend one activation.

Also there is the case of major windows updates, when all MQL5 purchases are uninstalled and you need to install them again and spend a new activation, but MQL5.com usually credits one extra activation for all purchases, when such a major update is due.

This is a windows bug and not a MQL5.com problem, as is usually seen, because after each major windows update the computer's identity is changed, like its a new computer.

Thanks for your answer, can more than one activation be used at the same time? I mean, when I spend an activation the platform where it was activated before will deactivate or it can be used simultaniously?

I have purchased an EA that I'm running on my local server, and I want to move it to a VPS, what I'm not sure is if I will be able to use it on the VPS while still maintaining it in my local server for backtesting and optimiztion. 

R Gatsby:

Thanks for your answer, can more than one activation be used at the same time? I mean, when I spend an activation the platform where it was activated before will deactivate or it can be used simultaniously?

I have purchased an EA that I'm running on my local server, and I want to move it to a VPS, what I'm not sure is if I will be able to use it on the VPS while still maintaining it in my local server for backtesting and optimiztion. 

No, for each new installation to a different computer or VPS (other than MQL5 VPS) you will need an activation.

Eleni Anna Branou:

No, for each new installation to a different computer or VPS (other than MQL5 VPS) you will need an activation.

But will it deactivate my previous installation?

Thanks

R Gatsby:

But will it deactivate my previous installation?

Thanks

Of course not, you can install and use your MQL5 Market purchases in many (as many as the activations) computers simultaneously.

Reason: