Newbie - New order not greyed out but fields are

Hello

I realize this must annoy some but I am a newbie and really struggling to move forward.

Literally pulling my hair out. I have set up and signed in to MT4 via my broker link.

I am attempting to place an order and the new order button is there and it works.

But when I open the new order window all fields are blank. There is no red and blue for sell/buy price.

The drop downs have no options, they are empty so I cannot select or fill the fields.

I know it probably will be something simple but until I find the solution, it is not at all simple for me.

I am assuming I am live and connected as the bottom right corner is showing me the same.

I have no idea how else to check that I am actually signed in and connected.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

P

Pete Calitz:

Hello

I realize this must annoy some but I am a newbie and really struggling to move forward.

Literally pulling my hair out. I have set up and signed in to MT4 via my broker link.

I am attempting to place an order and the new order button is there and it works.

But when I open the new order window all fields are blank. There is no red and blue for sell/buy price.

The drop downs have no options, they are empty so I cannot select or fill the fields.

I know it probably will be something simple but until I find the solution, it is not at all simple for me.

I am assuming I am live and connected as the bottom right corner is showing me the same.

Thanks

P

From what i recall ,(maybe) it may be a symbol that you cannot trade ,or the market is closed for that instrument .Right click on it and click Specification .

Pete Calitz:

Hello

Thanks

P

Its either that trading is not enabled in your account (contact your broker for this) or you haven't enabled this particular instrument in MT4 >> View >> Symbols.

Retep ztilac:

Hello

Thanks

P

I have that problem either. Have you solved it ?
Reason: