time distortion

Can anyone help me with a time distortion.  I believe that my indicator is responding late with alerts and am not sure how I can check.  Is there something I can do with my computer to confirm that the alerts are coming at accurate times.  For instance, with Bollinger Bands, the alert will come about four candles after price action went through the bands.  How can I correct this?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Craig 

millercraig:

Can anyone help me with a time distortion.  I believe that my indicator is responding late with alerts and am not sure how I can check.  Is there something I can do with my computer to confirm that the alerts are coming at accurate times.  For instance, with Bollinger Bands, the alert will come about four candles after price action went through the bands.  How can I correct this?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Craig 

Hello millercraig,

it's not possible to help you without having a better idea of what is written in the code. So, I'm afraid you have to share more information if you want someone to help you....

Perhaps you would post the indicator so that someone can put it on a chart and attempt to discern the difficulty.