Getting HTTP Request failed error

I was using the EA and was working well on the VPS until recently it started given this error message.

Any clue to the solution.

According to your image - it is not MQL5 VPS (it is some your external VPS).
because MQL5 VPS does not have RDC.

So, it is something with the coding (and I am not a coder sorry).
I hope - someone (with experiance with it) may give some reply.

kayodemizan:

I was using the EA and was working well on the VPS until recently it started given this error message.

This is a connection error with Telegram. Failed to send request. There can be many reasons for this. Maybe a one-time mistake

Check if WebReuest is enabled for Telegram and whether the settings in the robot are set correctly for a specific Telegram channel

kayodemizan:

if you are using windows 7, then this is the reason. Solution is switching to a more modern windows 

Fernando Morales:

if you are using windows 7, then this is the reason. Solution is switching to a more modern windows 

Really ? Why is that ?

Windows 7 is abandoned.
It happened to me too. Up.to.certain point, webrequest stop working.

Update to Windows 10 or use other method (DLL, wininet, etc.) 

Good luck.

Alain Verleyen:
Really ? Why is that ?

I don´t know why. All my EA customers using W7 reported the same connection error. All of them switched to W10 and the EA works just fine.

This issue was commented in the forum. I don't care about the root cause. I just care giving a solution

Fernando Morales:

I don´t know why. All my EA customers using W7 reported the same connection error. All of them switched to W10 and the EA works just fine.

This issue was commented in the forum. I don't care about the root cause. I just care giving a solution

Is that on MT4 or MT5, or both ?

Is that specific to Telegram or other url ?

Alain Verleyen:

Is that on MT4 or MT5, or both ?

Is that specific to Telegram or other url ?

I could only confirm this issue with MT4 and MT5 when using webrequest to Telegram API in Windows 7

Customers complained from the end January 2020, I presume it was working fine before

Fernando Morales:

I could only confirm this issue with MT4 and MT5 when using webrequest to Telegram API in Windows 7

Customers complained from the end January 2020, I presume it was working fine before

Thank you.
Reason: