Subscription Failure: Incompatible Trade Mode

Hi all,

was trying to test a signal that I've set up, but when I had an alternate account subscribe to it it gave me an error stating the "Signal provider does not work by FIFO rule" which is absurd as I'm using a FOREX.com MT4 account which, to my knowledge, is a US based company (I am also US based).

They're both live accounts, so I know that's not the issue, but I cannot seem to get around this error. After getting in touch with FOREX.com they've assured me that there is nothing unusual on their end and all their live accounts are indeed FIFO compliant, so it must be a MetaTrader issue causing this mess. Is my only recourse to set up a brand new account and recreate my signal?

Trying to find some answers here. Thanks in advance.

Justin Riley Shepherd:

Hi all,

was trying to test a signal that I've set up, but when I had an alternate account subscribe to it it gave me an error stating the "Signal provider does not work by FIFO rule" which is absurd as I'm using a FOREX.com MT4 account which, to my knowledge, is a US based company (I am also US based).

They're both live accounts, so I know that's not the issue, but I cannot seem to get around this error. After getting in touch with FOREX.com they've assured me that there is nothing unusual on their end and all their live accounts are indeed FIFO compliant, so it must be a MetaTrader issue causing this mess. Is my only recourse to set up a brand new account and recreate my signal?

Trying to find some answers here. Thanks in advance.

Many US based signal providers are using non-us compatible broker that don't follow the FIFO rule.

Contact the signal provider for suggested setups.

Reason: