Setting up my account

Apologies, complete novice here. 

I have downloaded Metatrader 4 to my iPhone, and connected to a live trading account with broker Admiral Markets. Last night I downloaded Metatrader 5 for my windows laptop, but for some reason I cant connect my Admiral trade account into the windows version of MT5. In the Journal it says "authorisation Admiral Markets live failed (Invalid account). Can anyone help? thanks

27125060:

Apologies, complete novice here. 

I have downloaded Metatrader 4 to my iPhone, and connected to a live trading account with broker Admiral Markets. Last night I downloaded Metatrader 5 for my windows laptop, but for some reason I cant connect my Admiral trade account into the windows version of MT5. In the Journal it says "authorisation Admiral Markets live failed (Invalid account). Can anyone help? thanks

why do you download MT4 app to your phone and use MT5 on windows? Are you sure of what terminal you should use? Is your trading account for MT4 or MT5? MT4 accounts needs MT4 terminal which you download from your broker and not at MQ!

In the Journal it says "authorisation Admiral Markets live failed (Invalid account)

Mismatch in your account credentials or your are using the wrong terminal for your trading account

Kenneth Parling:

why do you download MT4 app to your phone and use MT5 on windows? Are you sure of what terminal you should use? Is your trading account for MT4 or MT5? MT4 accounts needs MT4 terminal which you download from your broker and not at MQ!

Mismatch in your account credentials or your are using the wrong terminal for your trading account

Thanks Kenneth, I have downloaded MT4 and MT5, both from this link: https://www.metatrader4.com/en/download

Neither work when I try to connect my account. At first I thought the same - I downloaded MT4 but when I couldn't connect my account I uninstalled MT4 and installed MT5, assuming that my account details would still work in MT5, but no luck

Download MetaTrader 4 for PC, iPhone, iPad and Android
Download MetaTrader 4 for PC, iPhone, iPad and Android
  • www.metatrader4.com
Download MetaTrader 4 for PC to receive the most powerful and convenient tool for technical analysis and trading in the markets. During the first launch, you will be prompted to open a...

27125060:

Thanks Kenneth, I have downloaded MT4 and MT5, both from this link: https://www.metatrader4.com/en/download

Neither work when I try to connect my account. At first I thought the same - I downloaded MT4 but when I couldn't connect my account I uninstalled MT4 and installed MT5, assuming that my account details would still work in MT5, but no luck

you are wrong - as i wrote MT4 terminal can't be downloaded from MQ - it's not a bug it's just that MQ wan't you to get MT5 automatically even if you think it's MT4 you download! The only way to get MT4 is via your broker!

Kenneth Parling:

you are wrong - as i wrote MT4 terminal can't be downloaded from MQ - it's not a bug it's just that MQ wan't you to get MT5 automatically even if you think it's MT4 you download! The only way to get MT4 is via your broker!

Ok thanks Ken, Ill speak to my broker

27125060:
Ok thanks Ken, Ill speak to my broker

You're welcome,yes and download it from them, it's the only way to get hold on Meta trader 4

Reason: