Freeze Levels for EA

Hello

I have an EA running but the developer has said it might not be taking trades becuase of the 'freeze' level. I was wondering how I check this and make the necessary adjustments? The EA is a scalper. If anyone could help offer advice I'd be very grateful.

Thank you very much

Bendict Wellstood:

Hello

I have an EA running but the developer has said it might not be taking trades becuase of the 'freeze' level. I was wondering how I check this and make the necessary adjustments? The EA is a scalper. If anyone could help offer advice I'd be very grateful.

Thank you very much

the freeze level is normally set by your broker for each security. It stops you placing a stoploss or take profit level too close to the current price. 

check the symbol specification for the level, it maybe called a stop level.

you should clarify with the developer how close the ea is designed to work, because if it is inside normal freeze levels then how will it ever work!

Bendict Wellstood:

Hello

I have an EA running but the developer has said it might not be taking trades because of the 'freeze' level. I was wondering how I check this and make the necessary adjustments? The EA is a scalper. If anyone could help offer advice I'd be very grateful.

Thank you very much

when placing an order, for example a buy order, you buy at the ask price, tp is bid+tp*point, and sl at bid-st*point, you want to put tp at ask+tp*point and sl at bid-sl*point, sounds weird but its much safer

Paul Anscombe:

the freeze level is normally set by your broker for each security. It stops you placing a stoploss or take profit level too close to the current price. 

check the symbol specification for the level, it maybe called a stop level.

you should clarify with the developer how close the ea is designed to work, because if it is inside normal freeze levels then how will it ever work!

Thankyou...

Lucky Minayo:

when placing an order, for example a buy order, you buy at the ask price, tp is bid+tp*point, and sl at bid-st*point, you want to put tp at ask+tp*point and sl at bid-sl*point, sounds weird but its much safer

Thank you.
Reason: