Question to MQ Forum Moderators: Are EAs with manipulated equity curves in line with MQL market rules?

Team,

I understand that the equity curve in the strategy tester shall indicate the correct amout of margin and actual gains or losses that would be booked on a trade account. The equity curve would deviate from the account balance curve whenever positions are hold overnight.

If that is correct, then I hope it's a valid question to ask how to deal with cases where a seller build the EA such that the tester does always show the equity of the last completed trade (which equals the account balance) INSTEAD of the real equity that EA trading would cause if an EA holds positions overnight.

I have checked some EAs which do have trades open overnight and it appears that some authors don't like that some huge equity impacts  are seen in the backtests - tests done (and published) either by themselves or done by potential customers.

I would call this being a manipulation and misleading of potential buyers; the simple question is then as in the headline: can this be in line with market rules that attempt fair and honest product offerings? And which shall protect buyers against unfair treatment?

My proposal is, sellers offereing products with apparently manipulated equity curves should be encouraged to either change the code, or the product should be removed from market.

Thank you for an assessment.

johnsteed:      

It is no good asking forum moderators, we moderate the forum. We do not have any influence over the market products.

Somebody may be able to answer, but it will have nothing to do with them being forum moderators or not.

It appears I misunderstood.

I apologize, and ask to ignore the post. I will follow up the matter elsewhere.

johnsteed:
  1. Some EAs hold overnight. OK; so what?
  2. "Some authors don't like that"; you're a mind reader?
  3. "I would call this being a manipulation …"; call what? Holding overnight isn't.
  4. You've stated nothing.
Reason: