MT5 Alert popup has stopped appearing

Hi All

For reasons unknown my Alert popup has stopped appearing. It was working until a day ago but has stoped. I still get the audible alert but no pop up box.

I have scoured the forums before posting as some others have had this problem and viewed the contents of the Alert section of the terminal.ini file but the window locations lines aren't there and even if I add the lines it makes no difference

I have 2 minitors but am only running mT5 on the main monitor. I have alos tried alt-tabbing through the open windows in case it has manages to end up off screen but it isn't there.

I'm now clean out of ideas other than reinstalling MT5 but I don't want to lose everything - not sure if it is possible ot refresh the install without losing all my chart layouts, indicators etc.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I'm keen to be trading not fannying around with MT5!

Thanks in advance

Karl

karl99r:

Hi All

For reasons unknown my Alert popup has stopped appearing. It was working until a day ago but has stoped. I still get the audible alert but no pop up box.

I have scoured the forums before posting as some others have had this problem and viewed the contents of the Alert section of the terminal.ini file but the window locations lines aren't there and even if I add the lines it makes no difference

I have 2 minitors but am only running mT5 on the main monitor. I have alos tried alt-tabbing through the open windows in case it has manages to end up off screen but it isn't there.

I'm now clean out of ideas other than reinstalling MT5 but I don't want to lose everything - not sure if it is possible ot refresh the install without losing all my chart layouts, indicators etc.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I'm keen to be trading not fannying around with MT5!

Thanks in advance

Karl

As an addition I just reinstalled MT5 over teh existing install. Thankfully all my settings etc were preserved but still the same.

Also I run 2 instances of MT5 and the other is fine which is frustrating.

karl99r #:

As an addition I just reinstalled MT5 over teh existing install. Thankfully all my settings etc were preserved but still the same.

Also I run 2 instances of MT5 and the other is fine which is frustrating.

I am in the same stuation, did you find solution