OrderModify gives error 1 even checking the TP values before

I have created this function to update the TP/SL of market orders. In tester it sometimes shows error 1 whereas the TP and new price are the same values. if TakeProfit() and _precio are the same, I expect the function to skip OrderModify().

Most probably it is a stupid error from my side, but after a whole day working on this I am unable to find the error in this code.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks

void Ajustar_TPSL(double _precio, int _tipoOrden)
  {
   if(_precio < 0) return;

for(int pos = 0; pos < OrdersTotal(); pos++)
     {
      if(OrderSelect(pos, SELECT_BY_POS) && OrderType() == _tipoOrden && OrderSymbol() == _Symbol && OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber)
        {
         if(DEBUG) printf("### %s ##:: Type= %d :: Order= %d :: NewPrice=%.7f ::  TP=%.7f", __FUNCTION__, OrderType(), OrderTicket(), _precio, OrderTakeProfit());

switch(OrderType())
           {
            case OP_BUY:
               if(_precio > Bid && _precio != OrderTakeProfit())    // For TakeProfit
                 {
                  if(DEBUG) printf(">>>> Ajustando TP de BUY #%d: TP=%.7f  :: NewPrice=%.7f", OrderTicket(), OrderTakeProfit(), _precio);
                  OrderModify( OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(), OrderStopLoss(), _precio, OrderExpiration() );
                  continue;
                 }

if(_precio < Bid && _precio != OrderStopLoss())    // For StopLoss
                 {
                  if(DEBUG) printf(">>>> Ajustando SL de BUY #%d: SL=%.7f  :: NewPrice=%.7f", OrderTicket(), OrderStopLoss(), _precio);
                  OrderModify( OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(), _precio, OrderTakeProfit(), OrderExpiration() );
                  continue;
                 }

break;

case OP_SELL:
               if(_precio < Bid && _precio != OrderTakeProfit())    // For TakeProfit
                 {
                  if(DEBUG) printf(">>>> Ajustando TP de SELL #%d: TP=%.7f  :: NewPrice=%.7f  :: Div=%.7f", OrderTicket(), OrderTakeProfit(), _precio, OrderTakeProfit()/_precio);
                  OrderModify( OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(), OrderStopLoss(), _precio, OrderExpiration() );
                  continue;
                 }

if(_precio > Bid && _precio != OrderStopLoss())    // For StopLoss
                 {
                  if(DEBUG) printf(">>>> Ajustando SL de SELL #%d: SL=%f  :: NewPrice=%f", OrderTicket(), OrderStopLoss(), _precio);
                  OrderModify( OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(), _precio, OrderTakeProfit(), OrderExpiration() );
                 }
           }
        }//end OrderSelect
     }//end For
  }

Here is the output 

Fernando Morales:

I have created this function to update the TP/SL of market orders. In tester it sometimes shows error 1 whereas the TP and new price are the same values. if TakeProfit() and _precio are the same, I expect the function to skip OrderModify().

Most probably it is a stupid error from my side, but after a whole day working on this I am unable to find the error in this code.

Here is the output 

Hello,

separate this line...

if(OrderSelect(pos, SELECT_BY_POS) && OrderType() == _tipoOrden && OrderSymbol() == _Symbol && OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber)

make 2 lines like example...

if(OrderSelect(pos, SELECT_BY_POS))
{
 if(OrderType() == _tipoOrden && OrderSymbol() == _Symbol && OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber)
   {

Fernando Morales:

Here is the output 

When you want to compare given price for TP or SL, with OrderTakeProfit() or OrderStopLoss(), you need to round that price to TickSize.
Here is a function for this purpose:

double RoundToTickSize(double price, string symbol) {
   if(price <= 0) {
      return(0);
   }

double tickSize = SymbolInfoDouble(symbol, SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE);

if(tickSize != 0) {
      price = MathRound(price / tickSize) * tickSize;
   }

return(price);
}

And here is how to use it:

if(_precio > Bid && RoundToTickSize(_precio, OrderSymbol())!= OrderTakeProfit())    // For TakeProfit
{
   OrderModify( OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(), OrderStopLoss(), RoundToTickSize(_precio, OrderSymbol()), OrderExpiration() );
}

Nikolaos Pantzos: separate this line... make 2 lines like example...

Those two are identical. There is no difference.

Fernando Morales:

OrderModify gives error 1 even checking the TP values before

ERR_NO_RESULT
You Server
Change the SL to X It is at X!
Change the SL to X You are insane
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
          Unknown
Compute the new value, then check that you are moving the existing value at least a tick. PIP, Point, or Tick are all different in general.
          What is a TICK? - MQL4 programming forum

Mohammad Hossein Sadeghi:

When you want to compare given price for TP or SL, with OrderTakeProfit() or OrderStopLoss(), you need to round that price to TickSize.
Here is a function for this purpose:

And here is how to use it:

The price passed to the function comes normalized 

NormalizeDouble ( price, _Digits );

Is this different from your rounding function?

William Roeder:
ERR_NO_RESULT
You Server
Change the SL to X You are insane
Compute the new value, then check that you are moving the existing value at least a tick. PIP, Point, or Tick are all different in general.
          What is a TICK? - MQL4 programming forum

The price value calculated as new TP is normalized and then passed to the function.

I print the price and TP values up to 7th decimal and divide them to confirm they are same values. What I am missing here?

if(DEBUG) printf(">>>> Ajustando TP de SELL #%d: TP=%.7f  :: NewPrice=%.7f  :: Div=%.7f", OrderTicket(), OrderTakeProfit(), _precio, OrderTakeProfit()/_precio);

Fernando Morales: to confirm they are same values. What I am missing here?

They are the same values. Therefor you get "no result." What part of "check that you are moving the existing value at least a tick" was unclear?

William Roeder:

They are the same values. Therefor you get "no result." What part of "check that you are moving the existing value at least a tick" was unclear?

This is the check that results TRUE when should not

if(_precio < Bid && _precio != OrderTakeProfit())    // For TakeProfit
{
  continue;
}

_precio != OrderTakeProfit()

Doubles are rarely equal. Understand the links in:
          The == operand. - MQL4 programming forum

And for the third time: What part of "check that you are moving the existing value at least a tick" was unclear?

Fernando Morales:

The price passed to the function comes normalized 

Is this different from your rounding function?

Yes, different.

Reason: