How to avoid mt5 strategy tester re-generate bar*.tmp, and eating ssd's like a wood worm.

if using agents or multiple cores for optimising parameters, more than one year.
Mt5 generates \tester\Agent*\temp\bar*.tmp files. every run.

It slowly gnaw/nibble SSD storage.

In mt4 read only fxt files was a solution. How about mt5 ?

if using multiple cores,mt5 generates files for every local threads.

This will end up manufacturers TBW values quite soon, if not have TBW +600 and more.
its like a wood worm problem for sailing ships.

This behaviour does not happen if do a single run.

I am asking this because using tickdata, and i have enough RAM. and need to go through lot of symbols.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks.

Hey! Did you solve this problem????? I'm having the same. In few minuts more than 20gb memory has been written in my ssd.

kekkis:

if using agents or multiple cores for optimising parameters, more than one year.

This will end up manufacturers TBW values quite soon, if not have TBW +600 and more.

I am asking this because using tickdata, and i have enough RAM. and need to go through lot of symbols.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks.

If you have enough RAM, you could try creating a RAMDISK, then creating a directory junction to point to it, effectively 'storing' those temp files in RAM, not on the SSD. I use SoftPerfect RAM Disk (there is a free version, but in Win10 the size is limited to 4G due to a change in Windows storage routines). I bought a license for the latest version (not free) because they solved that issue. I run my test system with a 48G RAMDRIVE for all my history data and I have scripts for backup and restore (using ROBOCOPY, which only writes new data).

In your case, you could create a junction for the "\tester" folder that points to a "\tester" folder at the root of the RAMDRIVE, and everything inside it will be written to RAM. Not to mention the speed gains you will get, but if you need to keep the data, you'll have to run a backup to SSD.

You make a directory junction in Windows using the MKLINK command in DOS.

Steve #:

If you have enough RAM, you could try creating a RAMDISK, then creating a directory junction to point to it, effectively 'storing' those temp files in RAM, not on the SSD. I use SoftPerfect RAM Disk (there is a free version, but in Win10 the size is limited to 4G due to a change in Windows storage routines). I bought a license for the latest version (not free) because they solved that issue. I run my test system with a 48G RAMDRIVE for all my history data and I have scripts for backup and restore (using ROBOCOPY, which only writes new data).

In your case, you could create a junction for the "\tester" folder that points to a "\tester" folder at the root of the RAMDRIVE, and everything inside it will be written to RAM. Not to mention the speed gains you will get, but if you need to keep the data, you'll have to run a backup to SSD.

You make a directory junction in Windows using the MKLINK command in DOS.

I have been using ramdrive for my older comp, keeping swap file,(32 bit win 7) in dram drive. Still after ten years it has 86% life left.

the limit about 4 ram is not option, and its against principles i have to somehow pay for using mt4 or mt5 application, because it has never design keeping end users of they top priority

everything is quick and dirty and most efforts are done for how to maximize milking traders and end user.

This thing should be clear for junior programmer or engineers who design applications. Dont kill hardware, and try to listen end users. So many other things, which needs improvement in mt4 and mt 5 blaah.

I waisted my time learning programming mt5, and wont use it if they dont change the way how they destroy SSD's. The tick data also is created for every time, frame why ? silly. I would never hire those folks for desing and program tic tac toe, because they would try to make it tiktok character based images and videos, 5x5 pixels. and have to use function keys for arrow keys, and connect guitar pedal or synth pedal, how you send messages.

They prop kill my account after this message, but i dont care.

kekkis:

Any Ideas ?

Thanks.

Checked this old question / suggestion for mt5 developers. If its solved because still wont use mt5.

WHo put these to my orginal question and didnt answer ? those wasnt orginally in my message.

"

• test MT4 EA's through cloud network
  • is there any solution for multi symbols back testing ?
  • Multiple mt4 broker communication?
  • "

test MT4 EA's through cloud network
    test MT4 EA's through cloud network
    • www.mql5.com
    Hi everybody, Can someone tell me if there is any way to test MT4 experts in cloud network? MT5 strategy tester is very powerful...

kekkis #:

Checked this old question / suggestion for mt5 developers. If its solved because still wont use mt5.

WHo put these to my orginal question and didnt answer ? those wasnt orginally in my message.

"

• test MT4 EA's through cloud network
  • is there any solution for multi symbols back testing ?
  • Multiple mt4 broker communication?
  • "

It's a "feature" of the forum, automatically generated and added to the original post on every topic.
    Reason: