Error opening unwanted library

Hi,

I builded a library for one of my EA using this article's SQLite solution. This solution, inside a DLL, was coded for both 32 as well as 64 operating systems, which is my case. 

I have integrated my library with the SQLite inside my EA and compiled it many times and used it many times with basically no problem. Everything was running fine till some minutes ago when I decided to recompile my EA and when I asked the Tester to run a test, I got the message:

Error: file (Path here)\sqlite3_32.dll.ex5 open error [2]

Now this is a bizarre message for many reasons. First of all, the only part in my code that has any relation to the sqlite3 library is my own library mentioned above and I haven't do any changes on it for quite some time. Second, the 32 library isn't even supposed to be being called anywhere inside the article's SQLite solution since I'm working with 64 Terminal and PC and all calls to the 32 version are protected by if-else verification on platform bit size (if(_IsX64)). Third, the file pointed out has a ".ex5" added to its end when the library itself is .dll ended! This could point out to mabe a typing mistake, maybe I could have added an ".ex5" to a call to this library and the Terminal wouldn't be finding it, but as I just sad, I didn't make any change in my sql library and also Ctrl+Shift+F found nothing.

So I just don't know what happened here and how could I possibly solve these issue. The error message only tells the error is "2" and nothing more, it doesn't even point out to the place of the attempt to open the mentiond .dll.ex5 file, so I'm blind here.

Any help will be appreciated.

SQL and MQL5: Working with SQLite Database
SQL and MQL5: Working with SQLite Database
  • www.mql5.com
Small. Fast. Reliable. Choose any of three. Introduction Many developers consider using databases in their projects for data storage purposes and yet they remain hesitant about this, knowing how much extra time the SQL server installation may require. And whereas it may not be so difficult for programmers (if a database management system...

Martin Bittencourt:

Hi,

I builded a library for one of my EA using this article's SQLite solution. This solution, inside a DLL, was coded for both 32 as well as 64 operating systems, which is my case. 

I have integrated my library with the SQLite inside my EA and compiled it many times and used it many times with basically no problem. Everything was running fine till some minutes ago when I decided to recompile my EA and when I asked the Tester to run a test, I got the message:

Error: file (Path here)\sqlite3_32.dll.ex5 open error [2]

Now this is a bizarre message for many reasons. First of all, the only part in my code that has any relation to the sqlite3 library is my own library mentioned above and I haven't do any changes on it for quite some time. Second, the 32 library isn't even supposed to be being called anywhere inside the article's SQLite solution since I'm working with 64 Terminal and PC and all calls to the 32 version are protected by if-else verification on platform bit size (if(_IsX64)). Third, the file pointed out has a ".ex5" added to its end when the library itself is .dll ended! This could point out to mabe a typing mistake, maybe I could have added an ".ex5" to a call to this library and the Terminal wouldn't be finding it, but as I just sad, I didn't make any change in my sql library and also Ctrl+Shift+F found nothing.

So I just don't know what happened here and how could I possibly solve these issue. The error message only tells the error is "2" and nothing more, it doesn't even point out to the place of the attempt to open the mentiond .dll.ex5 file, so I'm blind here.

Any help will be appreciated.

Update to 2342 or wait an official release. There was a bug using DLL with the tester in build 2340.

Alain Verleyen:
Update to 2342 or wait an official release. There was a bug using DLL with the tester in build 2340.

Oh, it must be that: I'm using 2340! Thanks!

Reason: