developing website/mobile app for metatrader traders

I am trying to develop software for traders to see real-time trades they do using metatrader.

Idea is to login to my app, which is directed to metadata server and get latest information of my trades and histories.

As I am completely new to the trading domain and metatrader, can anyone explain the steps to follow?

I have been going through mtapi documentations.

Hello,

Metatrader already exists on Android.

Janfi-trading:

Hello,

Metatrader already exists on Android.

I am developing a software which would act as middleware and connect to metatrader server and get necessary informations.

azizraja:

I am trying to develop software for traders to see real-time trades they do using metatrader.

Idea is to login to my app, which is directed to metadata server and get latest information of my trades and histories.

As I am completely new to the trading domain and metatrader, can anyone explain the steps to follow?

The documentation on this website is actually for the metatrader pc platform .

The steps would be the user linking your app (your server) to their metatrader 4 or metatrader 5 ,from an application for metatrader 4 or metatrader 5 you develop and they are constantly running in their platform or a private server.

You can play around with the platform application side as its the smallest bit you will need ,so if you already have an app/website you can complete your project really fast . If not , download IFTT (if this then that) on your mobile phone and play around with the webhooks function (for sending various data from the mt account)

Lorentzos Roussos:

The documentation on this website is actually for the metatrader pc platform .

The steps would be the user linking your app (your server) to their metatrader 4 or metatrader 5 ,from an application for metatrader 4 or metatrader 5 you develop and they are constantly running in their platform or a private server.

You can play around with the platform application side as its the smallest bit you will need ,so if you already have an app/website you can complete your project really fast . If not , download IFTT (if this then that) on your mobile phone and play around with the webhooks function (for sending various data from the mt account)

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any Webservice API or REST API exposed by trading platforms like Metatrader 4 or 5?. I see many brokers like oanda, Etrade are providing REST API for appliction development.

Metatrader website says, there are APIs available to integrate with external system (like mine), but documentation is not enough and no place to find and download the APIs. Can you guide on this?

azizraja:

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any Webservice API or REST API exposed by trading platforms like Metatrader 4 or 5?. I see many brokers like oanda, Etrade are providing REST API for appliction development.

Metatrader website says, there are APIs available to integrate with external system (like mine), but documentation is not enough and no place to find and download the APIs. Can you guide on this?

The api is for brokers ,you can build apps in the platform and with user consent link them to your app.

if you have your - app / website / server - then you can open a request here : https://www.mql5.com/en/job ,and the coders will make you offers .
But you have to be specific ,what type of data you want sent in the app ,and most importantly is your app needed by the user ?

Hello!
New update of MT5 app for Android no longer temporarily calculates total profit / loss for existing positions as before?
who can help me
thank you!

I found a good guide to building and maintaining the Investing App here how to make an investing app.

azizraja:

you can do this only fi you are broker or a sub-broker. You will need license for your MT4/5 server. Once oyu have the license, you will have access to MT4/5 server API, manger API and admin API. Thi sis not publicly available.

Once oyu have this API access then you can build mobile and web applications using mt4/5 server in the backend.

Reason: