Help needed to position comments on an MT4 chart

I have a few comments that I've added to chart and they appear at the top left corner. They overwrite 3 lines that are already there and I need to move my comments down but I can't find out how to do it.

Kenneth Bachelor:
I have a few comments that I've added to chart and they appear at the top left corner. They overwrite 3 lines that are already there and I need to move my comments down but I can't find out how to do it.

Add multiple "\n" at the start of your comment

Mladen Rakic:

Add multiple "\n" at the start of your comment

Thank you for the quick response Mladen, but I've tried that and it overwrites the 3 lines with blanks.

Kenneth Bachelor:
Thank you for the quick response Mladen, but I've tried that and it overwrites the 3 lines with blanks.

If you already have comments on chart (not objects, comments) you can do the following :

• get the content of the comment (using ChartGetString(0,CHART_COMMENT)) into a string and patch it with the rest of the comment you want to add and output it as a comment again
    • the issue is that you can end up with adding your part multiple times - you need to have some sort of a control
  • use objects instead of using comments (labels or text type objects are usually used for that or, if you want to make it perfect use canvas)
    • needless to say that you shall have to do much more coding for this option

Mladen Rakic:

If you already have comments on chart (not objects, comments) you can do the following :

• get the content of the comment (using ChartGetString(0,CHART_COMMENT)) into a string and patch it with the rest of the comment you want to add and output it as a comment again
    • the issue is that you can end up with adding your part multiple times - you need to have some sort of a control
  • use objects instead of using comments (labels or text type objects are usually used for that or, if you want to make it perfect use canvas)
    • needless to say that you shall have to do much more coding for this option
Thank you again Mladen.
Reason: