MT5 EA & VPS RAM Question

Right now I am looking at a VPS for my MT5. The biggest concern I have right now is how much RAM will my trading system and all my EA's/charts take up. How many charts/EA's could you have have open with only say 4GB of RAM? I read that an MT5 VPS can have up to 3GB of RAM. Any info helps thanks
The advantages of the native VPS solution for MetaTrader 4/5 include lightning-fast order execution and 24-hour uptime
The advantages of the native VPS solution for MetaTrader 4/5 include lightning-fast order execution and 24-hour uptime
  • www.mql5.com
Universal means are generally poor at obtaining record-breaking results. Conventional VPS solutions usually cannot achieve a really fast execution. Here is why. Infrastructure of conventional VPS solutions Hosting providers deploy a fairly powerful server and launch many virtual operating systems on it. For example, this may be Xeon E5-1650...

849238:
Right now I am searching for a 3rd party VPS for my MT5. The biggest concern I have right now is how much RAM will my trading system and all my EA's/charts take up. How many charts/EA's could you have have open with only say 4GB of RAM? I read that an MT5 VPS can have up to 3GB of RAM. Any info helps thanks

I've got a Virtual Box VM setup with Windows 7, MT5, a bunch of stuff open, and it uses 650MB of 1GB RAM that I allocated toward it.

My recommendation would be to set up a similar VM for yourself, load everything you plan to use, and use that as your metric.

849238:
Right now I am searching for a 3rd party VPS for my MT5. The biggest concern I have right now is how much RAM will my trading system and all my EA's/charts take up. How many charts/EA's could you have have open with only say 4GB of RAM? I read that an MT5 VPS can have up to 3GB of RAM. Any info helps thanks

Discussion or suggestions about 3rd part commercial solutions (outside of MQL5.com) are not allowed in the forum.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Discussion or suggestions about 3rd part commercial solutions (outside of MQL5.com) are not allowed in the forum.

Virtual box is an open source software... His suggestion is very usefull

Anthony Garot:

I've got a Virtual Box VM setup with Windows 7, MT5, a bunch of stuff open, and it uses 650MB of 1GB RAM that I allocated toward it.

My recommendation would be to set up a similar VM for yourself, load everything you plan to use, and use that as your metric.

Ok thanks for the info.

Do you have any methods for organizing your multiple charts you have open in MT5? For example how the charts are sized, or do you just have to drag and resize each one individually after you open it

849238:

Ok thanks for the info.

Do you have any methods for organizing your multiple charts you have open in MT5? For example how the charts are sized, or do you just have to drag and resize each one individually after you open it

I personally use Templates to open a particular chart because I can pre-define all the Indicators I want on it, and also the bar size.

My charts are all opened maximized, so I don't resize them.

"Profiles" might be what you are seeking.

This page will tell you many things:

https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/charts_advanced/templates_profiles

Templates and Profiles - Additional Features - MetaTrader 5 Help
Templates and Profiles - Additional Features - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
When you apply a template to a chart, settings stored in it are applied to the instrument and timeframe. For example, you can create a template that includes indicators MACD, RSI, and Moving Average, and then use it for other charts. In this case, the chart windows look the same for different symbols and periods. To create a template with the...

Vicky Raje:

There has to be zero errors or warnings after compiling for profiling/debugging to work correct? 

849238:

There has to be zero errors or warnings after compiling for profiling/debugging to work correct? 

Zero errors, definitely; otherwise it hasn't compiled.

But I wouldn't recommend any warnings. A warning from a compiler is like looking at smoke coming up from the hood of your truck. Warnings mean that bad things will happen. Usually very bad things.

Reason: