ECN broker characterstics

Hi everyone,

after doing some research about ECN bokers, I've rewritten my EA to do not send SLTP attributes when invoking OrderSend, but rather modify them right after the order has been accepted.

However I encountered a little problem:

If I already got a position (let's say a LONG one), and I use OrderSend to increase the aggregted volume, then due to the fact, that SL/TP have to be zero, they're simply erased, and I have to modify them again, to restore the original state.

Is there a way to increase volume on an existing position, but keeping the existing SLTP attributes unmodified/untouched?

Thanks and Regards,

#benj

bvarga128:

Hi everyone,

after doing some research about ECN bokers, I've rewritten my EA to do not send SLTP attributes when invoking OrderSend, but rather modify them right after the order has been accepted.

However I encountered a little problem:

If I already got a position (let's say a LONG one), and I use OrderSend to increase the aggregted volume, then due to the fact, that SL/TP have to be zero, they're simply erased, and I have to modify them again, to restore the original state.

Is there a way to increase volume on an existing position, but keeping the existing SLTP attributes unmodified/untouched?

Thanks and Regards,

#benj

1. You don't have to send the SL/TP after the order to open a position. You can send it with this order.
  2. If you increase (or decrease) the position's volume, you have to set your SL/TP each time.

angevoyageur:
  1. You don't have to send the SL/TP after the order to open a position. You can send it with this order.
  2. If you increase (or decrease) the position's volume, you have to set your SL/TP each time.

Thank you angevoyageur! :)

Reason: