How to place a trade on MT4 using C# or JavaScript?

I don’t usually have access to MT4 on my desktop.

Would that be possible to open a new trade on MT4 via C# or JavaScript over the web?

My broker, ICMarkets, doesn’t provide an API.

Thanks

Pooya Khamooshi:
I don’t usually have access to MT4 on my desktop.

Would that be possible to open a new trade on MT4 via C# or JavaScript over the web?

My broker, ICMarkets, doesn’t provide an API.

Thanks
you can trade using WebTerminal

Hi there! 

It's 2022, Is there an API for MT4 to login with the broker user and place orders?

Alain Temis Rodriguez Acuna #: Hi there! It's 2022, Is there an API for MT4 to login with the broker user and place orders?

It's 2022 and development on MT4 has been halted for over a decade now — so no, there is no API for it. You have to use MQL4+ language running on MetaTrader 4 to connect and trade.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It's 2022 and development on MT4 has been halted for over a decade now — so no, there is no API for it. You have to use MQL4+ language running on MetaTrader 4 to connect and trade.

I've searched and there is a Python API, but it seems to require the Metatrader software to be running with it.

Is there an API or way to access with my broker credentials and place orders without the Metatrader software?

Alain Temis Rodriguez Acuna #: I've searched and there is a Python API, but it seems to require the Metatrader software to be running with it. Is there an API or way to access with my broker credentials and place orders without the Metatrader software?

Python API is for MetaTrader 5, not 4. And no, there is no direct API without MetaTrader to access your MetTrader based trading account.

However, there are many brokers offering other platforms, other than MetaTrader, and some of those platforms offer direct APIs, but those platforms will not work with MetaTrader accounts. You will have to open new accounts.

Reason: